Second Annual Hog Tie - Sep 13-15, 2013 - Event Thread

Yokel

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Bump for group advice update in post ONE.

A tip of the hat to Baileyrock for pushing the safety issues with the TMAC groups, it's appreciated and shamelessly used here. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Put me in the tentative coloumn. I've never been to the Ozarks and this seems like a perfect reason to venture that way. I'll need to work out a few things before commiting 100% though.

• Member Contributer

Done!

Looking forward to it if you can make it out.

Put me in the tentative coloumn. I've never been to the Ozarks and this seems like a perfect reason to venture that way. I'll need to work out a few things before commiting 100% though.

I talked to Debbie at the Hub this morning.

I'll encourage those of you who haven't to call in and make reservations now. September is filling up fast. Obviously, there is room to camp and other hotels in the area, but the Hub is quite an experience. (How many hotels leave cleaning rags on the dresser for your motorcycle?!) I'll be chatting with her Wednesday when I drop in on them while on my trip. I'll try and get an accurate room count then and spread the word, along with some pictures of the place.

• Member Contributer

I hope you don't mind but I have posted a link to this thread along with the video links on the v4hondabbs.com site in the events and get togethers forum...if you do mind then I have made an enemy and I apologize but too bad. :wink: I really do want to make it to this event. Fingers crossed.

Jeffrey

• Member Contributer

I hope you don't mind but I have posted a link to this thread along with the video links on the v4hondabbs.com site in the events and get togethers forum...if you do mind then I have made an enemy and I apologize but too bad. :wink: I really do want to make it to this event. Fingers crossed.

Jeffrey

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Guess we will see how it goes!

• Member Contributer

Wonder if the Arkansas hillbilly's are going to get along with the Tennessee hillbilly's...

• Member Contributer

Doesn't bother me where folks are from. I'm not originally from TN anyway and besides, hillbillys live in KY. (far eastern Kentucky) :biggrin:

I don't expect alot of folks from the v4bbs to show up but there are a few members that are within riding/driving distance to Harrison.

Something new and different.

• Member Contributer

Im of the "more the merrier" mindset. Spent an hour this morning talking to Randall, the owner of the Hub. May do a bit of a writeup on the place when I get back home. Neat story.

• Member Contributer

Spent some time last week with the owners of the Hub. We've still got 12 rooms blocked for VFRD, but most of the rooms are still up for grabs. In August, Randall and Debbie will unlock the rooms I've got set aside for September... They're anticipating the place selling out that weekend, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

So, in short, friendly reminder to book now. There's no cost up-front, just be nice and if you've got to cancel, please call them and let them know so they can let someone else get the accommodations.

I cleared the hamburger cookout with Randall, so we're good to go on that for a meal.

I've also added some information for ride leaders on post #1. As the time nears, hopefully we'll get some routes worked out.

• Member Contributer

I will call them this week and reserve. I normally go to Carmel, CA for the MotoGP race but instead of taking off a week for that I only have to take one day off this April since GP's are coming to 3 hrs away @ COTA :)

That. Means I can definitely make this .

• Member Contributer

I will call them this week and reserve. I normally go to Carmel, CA for the MotoGP race but instead of taking off a week for that I only have to take one day off this April since GP's are coming to 3 hrs away @ COTA :)

That. Means I can definitely make this .

I've got you on the confirmed list, now. :-) Sorry, I've been a lazy schmuck and haven't been updating much.

Still loads of room, we're now officially 6 months out on this event. I'm still shopping sponsors for goody-bags. Hopefully will be able to get something together. I'll also be getting in touch soon with my t-shirt guy to get a design hammered out, more on that later.

• Member Contributer

Put me down as a "tentative tenter" please. Looking forward to meeting new peeps, roads, turtles and dogs and BEARS, oh my!! So far, no tag alongs with me.

• Member Contributer

Put me down as a "tentative tenter" please. Looking forward to meeting new peeps, roads, turtles and dogs and BEARS, oh my!! So far, no tag alongs with me.

Now you know what we feel like going out to Tmac! Hope to see you there...surely one of those TN, GA, or NC boys wil come with you...

• Member Contributer

Gotcha!

Looking forward to it!

Please put me down for tentative. The only thing that could keep me from being there is my daughter's 15th b-day on the 13th. I'll work that one out...

I just called Debbie and my reservation has been made. This will be my first VFRD event. I've been riding for about 3.5 years now and have had my 07 VFR for a few years. I'll ride with the group that the powers that be think is best. I'm a pretty fast rider, but not used to Arkansas. I really don't want to "sightsee" the whole time, so I'm hoping there's a moderate group. Regardless - it's gonna be a great time and I'm looking forward to meeting the group!

• Member Contributer

I will likely be leading an intermediate group this year.

We gotcha covered.

Please put me down for tentative. The only thing that could keep me from being there is my daughter's 15th b-day on the 13th. I'll work that one out...

I just called Debbie and my reservation has been made. This will be my first VFRD event. I've been riding for about 3.5 years now and have had my 07 VFR for a few years. I'll ride with the group that the powers that be think is best. I'm a pretty fast rider, but not used to Arkansas. I really don't want to "sightsee" the whole time, so I'm hoping there's a moderate group. Regardless - it's gonna be a great time and I'm looking forward to meeting the group!

Ohh, may have to show up for that and find out what all the talk I've heard about Arkansas is. Just the small complication of the Air Force Marathon in Ohio on the 21st...

Will be hammocking if I do show up though.

• Member Contributer

Ohh, may have to show up for that and find out what all the talk I've heard about Arkansas is. Just the small complication of the Air Force Marathon in Ohio on the 21st...

Will be hammocking if I do show up though.

Gotcha down as tentative!

• Member Contributer

Just another friendly reminder to go ahead and reserve a room if you're thinking this will be a possibility. I was out at the Hub last weekend and there's still plenty of room, but Debbie and Randall are certain this weekend will book solid. There are a few events in the area in the weeks surrounding the time we're scheduling this meet. They have 56 rooms total at the Hub, I think we've got 12 solid reservations already in the book, and there are a few that aren't aligned with our ride this weekend already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I am Jon. I am booked at the hub from the 12th to the 21st. Lisa will be leaving Sunday so I will have the whole next week to just ride, sight see, and catch up on some sleep. You game?

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

Thinking I may be... Stockpiling vacation time as we speak.

I know I'll be out there at least a day early to get all the crap I'm planning on bringing unloaded. Doesn't look like many are coming early, so I may stick around later instead and leave out on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Archived