Hid Projector Headlights

V4Supremacy

• 2 weeks later...

They are a combination of Madhead & Acerbis ( http://www.louis.de/_2007c7110b210fbe814fb3881ce7ae7de2/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&artnr_gr=10019605 - http://www.louis.de/_2007c7110b210fbe814fb3881ce7ae7de2/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&artnr_gr=10019645 ) and they can't be used on stock bars because they are too short. I have a pretty large & high LSL superbike handlebars.

Check out the link (from the signature) to my gallery to have a better view.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DannyMoto

Ok guys, finished, although I had initially wanted to do quad projectors, I didn't want to deal with the hassle of finding a place to put 4 ballasts and associated wiring. The headlights are wired through a hidden, heavy duty, marine, waterproof, 20amp toggle switch. (overkill, I know) The halos are wired independent of the headlights and can be activated even whilst the the ignition is off.

The headlights are 55w (as opposed to the typical 35w), 5000k, Bi-Xenon. They work as both low and high beams using an internal solenoid activated shutter. This is in addition to the factory high beams. Both the projector and factory high beam systems are activated with the stock switch on the handlebars.

Here are some quick, dirty pics... better ones to come. Overall, I'm pleased with the results...

5000k Halos, HID off

attachicon.gif2013-05-12 18.00.58.jpg

This is exactly the look I want to do to my bike... however the wiring confuses me.

1. I want to run Halos ONLY as driving lights during the day.

2. I want full functionality of High/Low.

What I'm getting from your wiring is that you put a cut-off toggle in-line of your stock headlights (so now instead of running all the time, you can simply shut them off). Installed another switch for the halos... and once you turn the main toggle swith ON your high/low switch works like stock...

Am I right in this?

Great job by the way!!

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
In a word, yes.

Sorry for the late reply. A cager "didn't see me" and changed lanes into me on the highway. No, I wasn't speeding, in fact I was going at the speed limit in the slow lane. The driver was an elderly lady in a chevy SUV. Bike went flying, tumbling and rolling accross the highway. From mint condition to totaled in 5 seconds. I was so very fortunate, I was able to walk away, thanks to my gear. After this incident I decided to take a short break from motorcycling.

Interesting!!.

I bought V4Supremacy's bike.....He told me it'd never been dropped. I think I will look into a CarFAX report since I neglected to do so previously.

• Member Contributer

In a word, yes.

Sorry for the late reply. A cager "didn't see me" and changed lanes into me on the highway. No, I wasn't speeding, in fact I was going at the speed limit in the slow lane. The driver was an elderly lady in a chevy SUV. Bike went flying, tumbling and rolling accross the highway. From mint condition to totaled in 5 seconds. I was so very fortunate, I was able to walk away, thanks to my gear. After this incident I decided to take a short break from motorcycling.

Interesting!!.

I bought V4Supremacy's bike.....He told me it'd never been dropped. I think I will look into a CarFAX report since I neglected to do so previously.

Wow. I wonder what else he lied about...

• Member Contributer

Since this thread is about HID retrofit kits, I'll add something about that. I installed a projector kit into my SV650 naked but wasn't fully satisfied with it

This is the kit in question

This was my exact bike

yellow%20sv650%20close%20up-900x600.jpg

Because the SV headlight had very limited space for the projector, I had to use a very compact set up. The beam pattern was actually great but the light output was pretty weak and not what I was expecting. It was actually only a moderate improvement in brightness over a Philips extreme power bulb

I'm not sure how much more space the VFR housing has but that is my experience with the retrofit kits

Edited by Dustin