• Member Contributer

If you post up the link to the map with your pics we'll be able to see it better. Nothing like living in SoCal for winter riding.

• Member Contributer

Sorry for letting this be a dud.... My internet was shut off at home. I have crappy sattelite internet out in the canyon, I will update when possible.

Teaser..

I was able to do the 243 up to Idylwild, rouned over to Pines to Palms highway, diddled around in Palm springs for a minute, traveled down long and boring 86 until I get to the Mexican borderish area, 'El Centro', shot over to Ocotillo and headed up the Imperial highway, to 78. Took 78 through Julian and headed north on 79 to 76 past Palomar mountain, hit the 15 north got off at Elsinore to cross back to OC on the Ortega(which is great at night, less traffic), and headed home from there. It took about 9 hours with various gas stops and wrong turns. It was really cool going from near 7000 ft elevation to -200 feet elevation. This is a great loop I would like to do again.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for SoCal loop report. I visit some of those roads just about every year during my Winter lap of SoCal lap.

I head out to the Salton Sea usually in November when it cools down a bit. Not so bad re "smell" this year. Flies are more of concern if it is still hot though! THere are two campgrounds on the Northeastern shore if you are into such MotoCamping. They would make a good stop over point for your loop.

The northern most of the campgrounds has a few more amenities (including the train whistles).

DSCN0628.JPG?psid=1

Saw more Campers at Mecca Beach Campground about a mile south. Interesting mix of air heads, tour bikes and the mighty VFR.

DSCN0630.JPG?psid=1

Archived