Delkevic Slip-on for 6th Gen

not4us

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The most important thing to remember is Delkevic are budget exhausts so not much R&D has been made to suit every bike.

They have a good reputation here in the UK, one of the last budget exhaust manufacturers left. The silencer build quality is good, however some of the link pipe welds (model specific) have been a little flimsy.

• 1 month later...

Definitely interested. I see they have 8" and 9". Hard to say which one would look better, seems like not a huge difference - is it even noticeable? Gotta pick me up a set of these...

personally the shorty cans on the VTEC look a bit skimpy. There's still a lot of hole there in front of the cans.

So I'd go with the longer option for sure, but to each his own.

personally the shorty cans on the VTEC look a bit skimpy. There's still a lot of hole there in front of the cans.

So I'd go with the longer option for sure, but to each his own.

Also, the 9" are Oval w/ Slash Cut, and the MINI 8" is Round w/ large opening... But I tend to agree the short ones may be TOO short...

I also wish the Ovals were 90 degrees shifted as well, instead of up and down.

• 7 months later...

Reading this thread sold me on these pipes. I'm thinking carbon fiber 9" for my 6th gen

I wonder what the weight savings will be? Also any updates on fit and finish after a few months of owning?

Schley - weight saving is about 9.5 pounds. Fit is still good after 6 months, just make sure you use loctite on the bolts underneath the seat. Finish has discolored slightly, but I haven't put genuine effort into cleaning it yet.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/75117-9-delkevic-6th-gen/#entry897350

• 2 months later...

I pulled the trigger on getting the Delkevics. Just went with the stainless steel 9". I am happy with the product for the price. Fit and finish is good. It was tuff installing them with the CW fender eliminator installed, but I got it done. So 2 thumbs up for a good exhaust system

post-28827-0-79039100-1393285499.jpg

post-28827-0-03095900-1393285621.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thumbs up, I like

Something peculiar ive noticed ( Ive got microns on mine)I get warm air from the left & cool air on right when 1st started yours/any1 else's the same?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be picking up a set of Delkevic headers for a 5th gen. Anyone have any thoughts on heat wrapping these? I've heard that the tape actually locks in moisture, but if they're stainless, does this matter? Looking more to protect them from road debris, reduce heat dissipation, etc.

Archived