Delkevic Slip-on for 6th Gen

not4us

Been looking at "budget" slip-on for my 6th gen for a while and today I came across these Delkevics on their eBay store (http://stores.ebay.com/delkevic-us09/800-cc-/_i.html?_fsub=1669274010&_sid=857640610&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322)

I believe these are completely new design as they weren't there before (been looking for a couple of months) and don't even appear on their website.

There are 4 different models, two carbon ones with big and small ends, and two Stainless Steel ones with both big and small ends.

The most impressive thing is the price and construction seems solid.

They even have pictures of how it looks on the carbon ones and dyno graphs showing a 5bhp gain (although I wouldn't trust that too much, you'll probably need a Power Commander and some proper dyno tests to achieve that).

Has anyone have any experience with Delkevic in here?

They ship internationally and I'm about to order a set for my 6th Gen.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Careful,....wasn't this the brand that had crummy craftsmanship at "Y" joins on their pipes??

Could be... I've heard mixed opinions about them.

Reason why I'm asking in here before I order.

Not too much to screw up with these, unlike the header welds.

I would try'em and be sure to get the "Not intended for road use. Baffles/DB Killers are available separately for $20 a unit." as I'm sure there are super loud!

BR

Careful,....wasn't this the brand that had crummy craftsmanship at "Y" joins on their pipes??

I though it was the motard headers from GB that were such crap? These Delevik's are using stamped tube connectors like factory.

BR

I had Delkevic pipes on my 2003 Ninja 500 and they were great. The construction was good quality and they bolted up easily. The only issue I had with them was the mid pipe discolored pretty quickly and turned gold. Not necessarily a bad thing but worth mentioning.

I though it was the motard headers from GB that were such crap? These Delevik's are using stamped tube connectors like factory.

BR

The crappy ones were the units offered by "Sandy Bike Spares". The Delkevics are nice for the money.

Ordered a set of the Stainless Steel stubby round ones (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delkevic-MINI-Stainless-Steel-Set-Exhaust-Muffler-VFR800-02-03-04-05-06-07-08-09-/180979247807?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true) with the db killers.

Waiting on comined invoice and then shipping so I guess I'll have them here in a couple of weeks, will et you all know how they go.

• Member Contributer

Those look pretty tempting and according to the ebay ad, they are located in Englewood CO which is a ten minute drive from my house.......hmmmm. However, I tried to pick up my D&D for my last VFR at the factory in Ft. Worth with hopes of getting a tour as well. NO GO! Prices were internet only and NO TOURS. I'll have to see what I can find out via the yellow pages!

• Member Contributer

Their cans w/ pipe are fine. It's their headers that are questionable. Someone on here or vfrworld bought some and they did a real crap job on the pipe connections. Pretty much just torching some holes then welding the pipes over them.

Their cans w/ pipe are fine. It's their headers that are questionable. Someone on here or vfrworld bought some and they did a real crap job on the pipe connections. Pretty much just torching some holes then welding the pipes over them.

I just noted the possible problems with the system because the 6th gen pipes do have a "Y" on it that can have similar fabrication wonkiness as the headers do....

• Member Contributer

I have the stainless one on my 5th gen and I have had no issues. Sounds great with and without baffle and bolted up pretty easily. Worth it for the price for me. You almost can't go wrong.

No turning back now...

I have just paid for them so would have them here in the next couple of weeks, will let you know how they go.

I also ordered the baffles for an extra $20 as from all reports this things are LOUD (not that there's anything wrong with that).

No turning back now...

I have just paid for them so would have them here in the next couple of weeks, will let you know how they go.

I also ordered the baffles for an extra $20 as from all reports this things are LOUD (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I expect Pictures and video by the end of the month! :tongue:

I have the stainless one on my 5th gen and I have had no issues. Sounds great with and without baffle and bolted up pretty easily. Worth it for the price for me. You almost can't go wrong.

I have looked at the stainless exhaust myself. The price just seems to good to be true. Do you have a thread detailing your purchase and mounting? Pictures would be cool too.

See post 8, I think your thinking of a different seller/Brand. These look to use the same manufacturing design as stock, using stamped connectors, not the hacked one's of another brand.

BR

I installed the carbon stubby cans and system on my bike two days ago being apparently the first person in the UK to get the new pipes for the 6th. I have to say that the build quality looked fine to me and all went on really easily, for the money they are fantastic value. I do remember Ron saying to me 'John are you sure you want the race cans as they're really loud?', I replied 'Ron, I had a Tuono with it's 1000cc Vtwin motor and full Akro race exhaust on so I don't think loud is a problem'. Well I had to eat my words, my g*d these pipes are loud and sound fantastic. Even on the overrun cars were pulling out of my way about 200 yards ahead of me lol. I love them and would buy a bike purely for the sound these exhausts make :tour: :tour:

post-25678-0-84609600-1350045166.jpg

post-25678-0-93920400-1350045188.jpg

• Member Contributer

One option these delkevic exhaust open up is the ability to just by the mid pipe for the 6th gen as delkevic sells them separately (or at least they sold me a 4th gen midpipe separately) and then purchase your choice of 2 aftermarket mufflers that have a similar mounting system and you're off to the "awesome sound races". I'm not sure on muffler connection diameters for all companies but I did a similar thing for my 4th gen with a two brothers muffler and the mid pipe diameters were the same for two brothers and delkevic in my case. Though two brothers has a different attachment system... but that's another story. Why would you do this you ask? Well... if you don't like the looks of the delkevic mufflers you can probably find a good deal on used or even new mufflers on ebay :)

I installed the carbon stubby cans and system on my bike two days ago being apparently the first person in the UK to get the new pipes for the 6th. I have to say that the build quality looked fine to me and all went on really easily, for the money they are fantastic value. I do remember Ron saying to me 'John are you sure you want the race cans as they're really loud?', I replied 'Ron, I had a Tuono with it's 1000cc Vtwin motor and full Akro race exhaust on so I don't think loud is a problem'. Well I had to eat my words, my g*d these pipes are loud and sound fantastic. Even on the overrun cars were pulling out of my way about 200 yards ahead of me lol. I love them and would buy a bike purely for the sound these exhausts make :tour: :tour:

Those look fantastic!! Any chance of a video?

Ill see what I can do good sir. To be honest I don't think it will do the sound justice but at least it will give some idea :)

From your aviator pic it looks like you have the Honda luggage. Please let us know if there is enough clearance with these pipes to mount the luggage brackets.

Thanks,

Doug

Hey Jonnyboy, thanks for those pics, the look great!

I ended up going for the stainless steel "round" ones which I think are even louder than yours (if at all possible) but with the difference being you can get a baffle for them (which I did) to quiet them down a bit.

Anyway, can't wait for them to arrive! They have been sitting at San Francisco Airport for a couple of days so hopefully will have them with me sometime this week.

I don't have bags on my viffer but if I did I wouldn't think there would be a clearance problem, if anything these pipes look smaller than the stock ones.

looks very niceeeee, how difficult was instalation, any fabrication needed or is it straight swap?

Archived