'97 VFR Tool Box Suggestions

addicted2tc

I am building a tool collection for my, new to me, 1997 VFR. What tools and sizes do you suggest I have on hand for oil changes, air filter maintenance and chain maintenance?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

you need a 5mm allen wrench and a phillips head screwdriver to get off most of the plastic.

You need a 17mm wrench for the rear axle, and then the spanner wrench to adjust the chain.

I'm not sure what size the oil plug is, I replaced mine with a Fumoto valve years ago.

A 14mm socket is needed for the exhaust bolts.

I think the bolt under the tank is a 10mm.

Paul in SoCal

• Member Contributer

assuming your bike still has the OEM rear shock, you need an 8mm socket driver to set the damping

IMAG1230_zpsd4a96a56.jpg

Dutchy is the Biggest 4th gen TOOL we have to offer! :laughing6-hehe:

Otherwise an oil filter socket and the SSSA chain adjusting wrench are what's needed over a standard set of tools.

PS the Boss (HS) lives in the Springs too.

BR

assuming your bike still has the OEM rear shock, you need an 8mm socket driver to set the damping

IMAG1230_zpsd4a96a56.jpg

IIRC, a socket tool for adjusting the shock preload (Damping is adjusted by a flat blade screwdriver near the bottom eye of the shock....Geeze Dutchy!, you should know this already!!) is already included in the 4th gen underseat tool bag......unless they did provide that on Euro sold bikes...... :rolleyes:

Beck

Archived