Just scored on a Corbin seat +backrest!

marriedman

http://www.ebay.com/...bac8563&vxp=mtr

I have wanted a new saddle for my VFR since the day I got it. I was leaning towards a Sargent, but I found this Corbin on ebay at a price I couldn't pass up! There are some faded spots from usage, but nothing serious.

Any tips on re-blacking the seat that won't stain my clothes?

• Member Contributer

Your leathers are black aren't they...? :tour:

Sorry, don't know, but maybe just conditioning it will bring back some of the color...

I don't wear leathers. I actually don't have any riding pants yet. But that isn't for lack of trying. I don't want to buy any off the internet because I like to try them on, I'm a pretty big guy. And the pants that I have found that fit aren't overpants, which is what I really want.

• Member Contributer

Try Revzilla...what I found there are folks that write reviews of pants, jackets, etc will frequently give their ht, wt, measurements and what size article of gear they purchased with feedback on how it fit them. They will also allow one free exchange on shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/...bac8563&vxp=mtr

I have wanted a new saddle for my VFR since the day I got it. I was leaning towards a Sargent, but I found this Corbin on ebay at a price I couldn't pass up! There are some faded spots from usage, but nothing serious.

Any tips on re-blacking the seat that won't stain my clothes?

That's a great get!

You could try a Turtle wax product called Trim Restorer. It's clear liquid that blackens sun fade (car bumpers,mirrors etc.). A little dab..

• Like 1

I just had Sargent's redo the Corbin for my forth gen...

They do beautiful work.

I have a Corbin Gel on my fifth gen...

It has held up great over the last twelve years.

But I am definately a Sargent's fan moing forward.

Their quality and customer service is spot on!

• Member Contributer

I would actually use some black shoe polish and after it dries buff the crap out of it....use the kind in the bottle with the foam applicator.

great buy.

Congrats on the purchase. Would be curious to know how your passenger likes the bigger back rest one you try it out. Am considering a similar one for my seat for two up riding in the future.

My passengers are only going to be my daughters, 10 & 7. So I don't know how "educated" their response will be other than feeling safer!