The Sum Sum x2 Picture Thread

• Forum CEO

The plan was to stop at the diner in Paonia . . . it really is "The Diner". The jukebox looked to be the real thing. Great food, especially the milkshakes.

DSC03822.jpg

YUP eaten there a few times over the years, good joint, but sometimes they close early and then you have to go to Crawford to eat.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Another video from the ride home - monarch pass with BR, Reddog, Panamawing, and I. Bug smudge on the right hand side.

https://contour.com/stories/monarch-pass-ride-home-summer-summit-x2

Nasty looking wreck. I went through there earlier when they only had one lane open. Good thing they went off the inside though.

• Member Contributer

Looks like everyone had a great time. Speaking as one who couldn't make it - Thank you for posting all this up. I'm certainly baited to plan this as a priority even though it's 3 years away.

• Member Contributer

Well we made it home after venturing south for a few extra days before heading home to CANADA eh...

We took alot of pics most of the Offical ones well over 1000 for the trip and many of the ones of all of you guys

and Tammy took some amazing video but it all needs to be edited... My question is do i try to post them all here or send a link to Webshots or somewhere so i can just send a link and all of you can view them on it and download what you want?

Looks like everyone had a great time. Speaking as one who couldn't make it - Thank you for posting all this up. I'm certainly baited to plan this as a priority even though it's 3 years away.

You missed a Good one!

BR

• Forum CEO

Well we made it home after venturing south for a few extra days before heading home to CANADA eh...

We took alot of pics most of the Offical ones well over 1000 for the trip and many of the ones of all of you guys

and Tammy took some amazing video but it all needs to be edited... My question is do i try to post them all here or send a link to Webshots or somewhere so i can just send a link and all of you can view them on it and download what you want?

Merged topics - post them in the gallery, she can upload a whole bunch all at once, then click the my media - wait I already explained this here

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/72491-my-media/

This is just a small amount of the pics that were taken off of three different cameras and mostly from just the meet and not the whole road trip...Feel welcome to scroll through them and share what you like.

If there are some others you want just PM us and we'll gladly send them too you. To our closest VFRD friends find us on FB ! This meet was simply incredible !! The roads ! The weather!! The organization (Thanks so much Tony) and especially the people !!

• Member Contributer

I can see you don't want to have BR behind you during group photo's :tongue:

Thanks to HS I got one last rest for my sore body here just outside Cripple Creek Friday on the way back to the springs.

I think he's about to spit on me in this shot! :huh:

post-301-0-19886700-1345906670.jpg

I think you have to let Didit get home and unpack first. :goofy:

I left Tony, Craig and Jeff last night at the Best Western in Monroe, WA. I live in Duvall, 10 miles south of Monroe. I rode down around Mt. Rainier and met Tony, Craig and Jeff in Kelso, just above Portland on Thursday night. We went out for Mexican food and then rode west along the north side of the Columbia river on Friday, then up the coast and angled back to the west side of Hood Canal. We had great, roads, weather and scenery. I sensed some fatigue from the crew after some 5,000 miles of riding day in and day out but we had a nice spirited ride through sweepers and undulating roads most of the day capped off with a short ferry ride. I didn't make it to the meet this year but seeing and riding with my old VFRD riding buddies was a consolation. They all took off from Monroe this morning, Tony has a long ride and was still debating on whether to take the straight and fast Coquihalla to the Okanagon or ride across the North Cascade highway. Jeff and Craig are heading north on Highway 9 from Arlington. Last I saw Jeff he was still studying maps, what else?

• Member Contributer

I promised to contribute a few pictures, so here they are:

(And it really is a few since I'm probably VFRD's laziest photographer ...)

First day ride on the Million Dollar Highway. FlyingAnt gets a drink standing next to her CBR tucked in amongst the VFRs while the others take photos.

IMG_0162.jpg

Cogswell takes a photo of the rest of us taking photos ...

IMG_0169.jpg

Day 2 ride on the 141.

We stopped here after some great twisties with zero traffic and zero road work.

IMG_0173.jpg

Buzzard60 (far right) was not only a great ride leader but as a Montrose resident, a great tour guide too. He explained the history of what we were seeing and found excellent lunch stops both days.

IMG_0171.jpg

Here's what we were looking at:

Did I mention the weather was perfect too?

IMG_0172.jpg

• Member Contributer

Okay, loaded some of the images, pictures from cell camera.

Still need to get to my office computer to process the fly by video & post. Next week.

Cageless-in-Seattle arrives to a warm welcome & cold beer

More arrivals on Tuesday - getting busy!

Jfviffer - "I

frogn8tor & Axel_7 on Tuesday waiting for more to arrive

Tammy demonstrating her unsynchronized skills

Red Ale on tap Thurs night.  Horsefly Brewing treated us right

The first 2 VFR

The HQ tent - BW Red Arrow was a sweet setup

Gorgeous Mountain Pass, coming down S side of gorge

Flaming Gorge with CVVFR and didit bikes en route

The meet poster & route maps, plus a case of peaches

Great tag from Lee2002

Row, Row, Row of Bikes

The Goldwing - support vehicle

More riders and bikes arriving - preferred parking

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

On the way home I spent a couple of days in the Nebraska Sand Hills area. Here are some pics of those days:

• Member Contributer

Maxswell... you apparently like back roads. Me too but some of that looked more dual sport friendly than VFR friendly. Nice to get off the beaten track though I'm sure.

Archived