Which CBR fairings match up to 96 VFR 750? (Project Bike)

Guest WSmiddy

Guest WSmiddy

Hi everyone,

I have just gotten a 96 VFR and am putting it back together and have seen conversions with CBR fairings. I am wondering if anyone can tell me exactly which years and models I can use, so i know once I start looking.The one i saw had 03 CBR 600 fairings on a 95 VFR.(Youtube) Any help will be appreciated.

-Smiddy

post-25537-0-18146000-1342755225.jpg

I am in no way the most knowledgeable about this, but I don't think any of the fairings will be a straight bolt on swap. It is possible that the video you saw was truly VFR fairings that were painted or wrapped to look like a CBR.

I know there is a really tempting Repsol fairing kit that looks great one a VFR. But if I had money to burn, I would totally go for the red white blue color scheme!

• Member Contributer

This is a '96 (Fourth Gen.) VFR750 with '03-'04 CBR600RR fairings (excluding the rear cowl -that's a Sixth Gen ['02-'09] VFR800 subframe and cowl.)

You're gonna have to put a lot of work into fabbing mounting brackets because the CBR fairings aren't even close to being direct bolt-ons. Ditto for the subframe.

Best of luck to you.

FotoMotosBike.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WSmiddy

Ive decided to go the street fighter look. Here is the front Im going with. Tank and fairing under the seat is going this blue too. Beautiful bike 2fast!

post-25537-0-35066000-1343799564.jpg

post-25537-0-42429600-1343799686.jpg

post-25537-0-59449600-1343799688.jpg

Edited by WSmiddy

• 1 month later...