Seb's 2012 Ride & Eat No. 1

SEBSPEED

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Maybe that tongue in cheek post was a bit premature...I have a skype interview later today and may have to renew my passport for a flight to Germany for a final interview in two weeks.

Thanks to all who offered to ride around with me and even offered a room.

This forum has the best people on the planet.

• Member Contributer

I love rides like this... Probably why I'm the better part of 1/8 ton. :)

Enjoy yourselves! I've got that part of the country on my agenda... now just need the vacation time.

renew my passport for a flight to Germany for a final interview in two weeks.

you might wanna add a few weeks to that renew schedule, and that is after you pay the 100 expedite fee.

• Member Contributer

Yikes. just got done with the interview today.

Have another scheduled for 1030 tomorrow on Webex. Will have to shave for this one as the video quality is better than skype...

Atlanta has an office anc with proof of travel they can take more of your money and do the passport in less than a week....oh well, have to get the invite to Weisbaden first.

• Member Contributer

Wiesbaden........................................ :owned::tongue: the ie pronounched a double ee as in Reese....

Wiesbaden is NOT in Bavaria, but in Hesse.....

PS:

Germany is playing the semi-final in the European Championship Soccer for country teams tomorrow night (well tonite cos it is 00.01 hrs here), against Italy. The winner will play Spain who just beat Portugal.

Cultural diversity and all that...

Good luck

• Member Contributer

i before e except after c and when dealing in other languages...check. :rolleyes:

I will plan on meeting you guys. I will be riding up on 87 from north NJ, will let you know if my plans change. See you then.

***There has been a slight change of plans regarding the meeting point***

***If you plan on coming, please pm me no later than 9pm Friday for the new meeting point***

I had a great time riding with you guys, those were some really good back roads. Look forward to doing it again

post-21025-0-97216000-1341095793.jpg

• Member Contributer

Today was another perfect example of what it's all about.........old friends, new friends, great food, great roads and a perfect 200+ mile ride.

I'm looking forward to the next one. Thanks Seb.........and Matt, Tyson, Dave, Brian and Dmitry.

Hot, fun, tasty, friendly, are some of the ways to describe our ride yesterday. Had a great time riding with all of you again!

Unfortunately we did have an incident yesterday. Luck was on our side and the rider is ok, no life threatening injuries, and the bike will be ok too. I will let him fill in details here if he wants to.

I have a few pics I'll be uploading in a bit.

• Member Contributer

Well I was the unlucky one!! It was such a great day and I had a huge grin on my face up til that last right hander. I went into the turn hot, hit a big dip bottomed out popped up and that's all she wrote.

Seb and the guys were awesome, took great care of me while we waited for the ambulance. I really can't say enough thank you's!!!!

After a 45 minute ambulance ride and about 6 hours in ED, Catscan for back and X-ray for hand, I was ready to get out! I broke my thumb and my T-12, L-1, L-2 and L-3 transverse process. Those are the stems on the side of vertabrae for those of you that don't know (like me before this).

Anyway just glad to be walking around, very slowly but moving. Gonna fix my body then get to work on the bike.... I will post up with some after pics when the time comes. I know a cycle mechanic in The Catskills who does awesome work :)

• Member Contributer

Glad to hear you're alright and walking. Just take it easy and don't let the kids jump on your back for a while.

The bike can be fixed. Sounds like a great excuse to get a nicer front end on there.

Do they do carry out? :huh:

Turns out, YES, Seb walked away with enough food for an army...or Seb and his son...

Archived