Seb's 2012 Ride & Eat No. 1

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear about this Matt. As I swept for the group (before we split into 2 groups), I kept thinking how smoothly everyone flowed through the turns and the hills.

It was a great day, but things can change in a heartbeat as we all know. I'm glad you'll make a full recovery. Get well soon wishes from "White Interceptor" !

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It definitely was a sobering moment to an otherwise brilliant day. I wish I could say that I was a good enough rider that I didn't get caught in the terrible combination of bump/dip/bump/hard-right, but it was really a case of a grey-hair letting the youngsters play up ahead.

Everyone kept a cool head after the incident. I can say whole-heartedly that it's REALLY GREAT to have Sebastian in your corner!

Matt, I railed Tracy Road in your honor on the ride home. Promise me we will get a chance to ride it together soon.

Brian

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear about the drop. :sad:

Glad you're on the right path to a recovery!

REALLY glad you were with guys who seemed to know what to do. Makes all the difference for sure.

• Member Contributer

Well I was the unlucky one!! It was such a great day and I had a huge grin on my face up til that last right hander. I went into the turn hot, hit a big dip bottomed out popped up and that's all she wrote.

Seb and the guys were awesome, took great care of me while we waited for the ambulance. I really can't say enough thank you's!!!!

After a 45 minute ambulance ride and about 6 hours in ED, Catscan for back and X-ray for hand, I was ready to get out! I broke my thumb and my T-12, L-1, L-2 and L-3 transverse process. Those are the stems on the side of vertabrae for those of you that don't know (like me before this).

Anyway just glad to be walking around, very slowly but moving. Gonna fix my body then get to work on the bike.... I will post up with some after pics when the time comes. I know a cycle mechanic in The Catskills who does awesome work :)

Ugh,that sucks Matt but glad yer gonna recover.That's what's important.Good thing you weren't bunched up,coulda been a lot worse,...Did you have back armor?Did gear hold up?Always curious as to what safety gear works or not as it may help others.I ah,"marked" my middle left red cowling changing my tires last year,no cracks,if I can find a cheap replacement new, you can have it.

I went to Cha Cha on Friday with a friend on a 200 mile ride,not quite as warm as Saturday but the iced tea sure felt good!

I met Frank and Cherie in their first place a few years ago,I think it was there first or second day they were open.Great people and a must stop for anyone who loves BBQ.This is the real deal,as I have spent a LOT of time all through the south samplin the good stuff for years.Just about everything is homemade,which is more costly and time consuming.They have a real passion for what they are doin,something rare in the restaurant business and Ive worked in many of them.Please support them if you can!

Michael

• Member Contributer

Do a search for "Mahayana Buddhist Temple". It's a few minutes from my house, pretty cool place, whether you're a Buddhist or not.

Edit: http://www.mahayana.us/En/?p=31

gallery_5444_5889_19718.jpg

It was a rooundabout way of asking................... WHERE ARE THE FOOD PICTURES!!! :tongue:

• Member Contributer

Had all my gear on and it did its job great!! I think my friends and family expect me to look like I just went 10 rounds with the champ and are surprised to see me without a mark..... Although I feel like I got my ass kicked :)

• Member Contributer

Matt,

Sorry to hear about your mishap, but I'm glad you're ok. I was sorry to miss this one, but I had plans all weekend (daughters bday).

• Member Contributer

Had all my gear on and it did its job great!! I think my friends and family expect me to look like I just went 10 rounds with the champ and are surprised to see me without a mark..... Although I feel like I got my ass kicked :)

:fing02:

• Member Contributer

Mat, I'm glad you're in one piece and in good spirits, bud.

As long as there's no permanent damage, it's all good.

Heal up quick and let's ride again soon!

And BTW,

Thanks to all and esp. to Seb for making it a great day.

It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Hi Matt,

Sorry to hear about the mishap. Glad your in OK shape, what is the assessment on the bike?

Tyson

• Member Contributer

Matt,

PM sent. Let me know if you need anything. My brother-in-law dumped my 6th gen and I've got some spares you can have.

-Eric-

• Member Contributer

good to hear that you are OK. to feel better, just jog some, (you have the shorts)

Ya but their probably soiled now, :tongue:

• Member Contributer

Dang Matt, sorry to hear about this.

So glad that you are able to move about and are projected to heal up well.

We had a blast riding with you at TexasMac before and at the Fall Catskills ride this past year.

Let us know if we can do anything.

Carvers

• Member Contributer

Hey guys thanks for all the support. Feeling pretty good, just bored off my ass. Now is not the time to find out your Doctor sucks, slow as ever and no returned phone calls. Time for a new Doc. Crazy thing is it looks like the thumb is going to be more complicated then the back,

Oh well, I hope everyone is enjoying the 4th, take care guys and thanks again!! :fing02:

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

So what is so bad about a "Burger Run"? :tour:

burgerrun2010072.jpg

Looks like Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, PA. Mmmmm, good.

Holy schnikies, Matt! Feel better, bud!

Archived