V12X Drive By

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

3f3e5ae6.jpg

Last Saturday my brother took some pics and a little video.

The more I look at the bike, the prettier I think she looks....

Maybe because there is such an ugly old bstrd standing next to her?

5e5a51b8.jpg

a7c878de.jpg

Drive By....

th_c5b8f631.jpg

http://s113.photobuc...nt=c5b8f631.mp4

• Member Contributer

Interesting. How's the ride? And the ride report? BTW, you really didn't have to dye your hair to match the bike's color... but it's a good thing the bike wasn't red!!

• Member Contributer

I'll admit the beak is questionable on the Multi... But the 150HP, Traction Control, Slipper Clutch, four riding modes and Electronic Ohlins' Suspension more than makes up for the beak...

I like the wheels. I'd like to adapt them to a project bike. :-)

I thought the same thing... are these wheels the first time the spokes have been mounted in that fashion? I'd like to know more. Never seen that spoke arrangement before.

BMW has done it before. And dont forget it is a shafty, so wheel conversions are most likely too intensive.

Leon, a drive-by sort brings to mind SPEED.

That was more like a "pedal-by fruiting"

Now go get me a photo of that thing in front of De Spikke !

• Member Contributer

Interesting. How's the ride? And the ride report?

I may be grey, but your eyes and concentration are already gone amigo..... :laugh:

Ease up on the bevvie....

e807567b.jpg

CLICK HERE...........

http://www.vfrdiscus...pic/71597-v12x/

BMW has done it before. And dont forget it is a shafty, so wheel conversions are most likely too intensive.

Too intensive for you maybe... :tongue:

Custom spokes and hub should fix that, if one can't find an existing hub to lace up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Psssst...Dutchy, wipe up the white powder before you take the picture.

LOL

• Member Contributer

I have to say I've seen much uglier 1200cc Honda V4 motorcycles than that one... :tongue:

Ciao,

I like the wheels. I'd like to adapt them to a project bike. :-)

I thought the same thing... are these wheels the first time the spokes have been mounted in that fashion? I'd like to know more. Never seen that spoke arrangement before.

I know Beemer's done it (slightly different), On this bike the spokes where they enter the wheel/rim are a little diff'(from/bmw) as to allow for tubeless tyres (the edge of the tyre covers the spoke holes(I've seen this wheel in a close up somewhere, and had a better view).

• Member Contributer

The Super 10 from Yamaha has a similar spoke technique....same result no tubes. If the V4 does not make it here I may have to consider the Super Tenere. Reports indicate the wheels are holding up.

2105585460099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

• Member Contributer

Interesting. How's the ride? And the ride report? BTW, you really didn't have to dye your hair to match the bike's color... but it's a good thing the bike wasn't red!!

GOOD ONE !!!!

The Super 10 from Yamaha has a similar spoke technique....same result no tubes. If the V4 does not make it here I may have to consider the Super Tenere. Reports indicate the wheels are holding up.

2105585460099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

Mine is awesome! I love it.

IMG_0707.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived