Pirelli Angel ST with 9,557 miles

KevininAtlanta

• Member Contributer

Tomorrow, I am having my second set of Pirelli Angel ST's installed on my 05 VFR800A.

My current Angels have 9,557 miles which I could probably push another 500 miles if

I needed to do so. I am not an aggressive rider, so I still have plenty of rubber on the extreme

circumference of my tires. Hope that helps someone.

• Member Contributer

I'm looking forward to getting 10K on my Angel STs, but I'll believe it when it happens! Hope so!

• 4 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I love the feel of my Angels, but I just got 4,725 miles on my Angel ST rear... granted I usually ride enthusiastically! Most of my rides are for 100 miles or more so my tires don't go through a lot of heat cycling. A very hard braking episode to a complete stop at the end of a 300 mile ride finally did them in... here's the evidence...

gallery_19432_5583_39812.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Member Contributer

It's beyond me how you guys get that kind of mileage out of any tire.  Granted, I do ride aggressively, and feel fortunate to be getting right at 2700 miles out of the OEM rear.  Nevertheless, your guys must not ever get into VTEC or engine brake.  I may try to see just how long I can make the next tire last.  

I may try to see just how long I can make the next tire last.  

You'll probably have about as much luck as I do when I think "let me see what kind of fuel mileage I can get on this tank." About 20 miles in, and I'm back at redline.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, jhenley17 said:

You'll probably have about as much luck as I do when I think "let me see what kind of fuel mileage I can get on this tank." About 20 miles in, and I'm back at redline.

I suspect you're absolutely right.  I was actually thinking I wouldn't really stay off the throttle as I was typing.  Some habits are very hard to break.  I didn't get a somewhat quick bike to pussyfoot around with.  

• 2 months later...

I finally took advantage of good record keeping, and it worked out to 7,314 miles on set of Angel GTs. Love the feel of the tires, and the GTs do last longer than the STs.

My tires didn't have any cords showing, they looked slightly more worn than when I was at the Kootenay Hootenanny III this last month.

• Member Contributer
On 28/09/2012 at 9:26 PM, Rush2112 said:

I love the feel of my Angels, but I just got 4,725 miles on my Angel ST rear... granted I usually ride enthusiastically! Most of my rides are for 100 miles or more so my tires don't go through a lot of heat cycling. A very hard braking episode to a complete stop at the end of a 300 mile ride finally did them in... here's the evidence...

gallery_19432_5583_39812.jpg

Rush, what pressures are you running ? that wear looks like a bit to high IMO.

Archived