Official 2012 Tmac picture & event thread.

• Member Contributer

Timmy, you're really getting your money's worth out of that cam!!! Great shots!!! When I grow up I wanna ride like you

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I am really mad that my French version wasn't used. I was a French Tutor for cry out loud!

Timmy, the most important thing is that .. oh me I am reconsidering some things. :) I am serious... that video explains it in a nutshell!

• Member Contributer

I am really mad that my French version wasn't used. I was a French Tutor for cry out loud!

Timmy, the most important thing is that .. oh me I am reconsidering some things. :) I am serious... that video explains it in a nutshell!

Nicole, it was great to meet you. I do not speak French. Care to translate the above into English?

BTW: Loved your puppies. And your big dog.

• Member Contributer

Nice one bjjb. More my speed. I only wish it "could go on forever". And I liked the riding sounds. All that was missing was the whine of gear-driven cams. :tongue:

• Member Contributer

very cool videos, Timmy you sure your not related to Tim Burton?

Keep the pics coming.

Hello all, I wasn't at the rally but I was in the area and saw many of you tearing up the roadways. Lots of you waved at me on my old '86 RWB 700F. I was at Kickstand Lodge, with the Nighthawk riders.

There was a terrible accident on the Cherohala on Saturday the 19th and I'm looking for follow-up information. A formation of Harleys target-fixated on a guardrail and there was a three-bike pile-up. I was right behind them. I rolled through bodies and bikes still sliding across the road, barely missing someone's arm while a car was in the oncoming lane. Then I rode that old VFR as fast as I have ever ridden all the way down the skyway, looking for cell phone service.

A while after I saw the ambulances go by from Tellico, I rode back to the site but the remaining riders there didn't have much info, nor were they in any shape to answer a lot of questions.

I'm trying to find out if the person who got air-lifted out survived. She wasn't wearing a DOT helmet and to the best of my knowledge, her skull took quite a beating. I saw it, I was right on the tail of the formation waiting to pass. We could throw stones, but I'd rather offer my prayers to her or her family, if I could just find out who they are.

Anybody know what happened, or know how to find out?

Thanks....

CB.jpg

I rolled through the aftermath but didn't stop because there were already too many people there. I did see one person sitting up against the guardrail. I agree with you, prayers rather than stones.

• Member Contributer

Here are some of the highlights of the photos I've taken. Feel free to snatch them from my gallery.

If you see an image that you want a high-res copy, PM me, and I'll get it to you (that may take some time, I'm a busy guy...)

IMG 1550

DPP 0157

DPP 0156

DPP 0139

DPP 0161

DPP 0162

DPP 0163

DPP 0167

IMG 1504

IMG 1507

IMG 1541

DPP 0020

DPP 0017

DPP 0008

DPP 0006

DPP 0043

DPP 0081

DPP 0082

DPP 0122

DPP 0093

DPP 0011

DPP 0001

DPP 0017

• Member Contributer

I started home Sun. via the Cherohala Skyway and saw LEOs and an ambulance heading the other way. Too much of this stuff going on.

Makes me appreciate the fact that none of us needed emergency services.

• Member Contributer

IMG_1700.jpg

Obviously the thirst issue was quickly resolved, then on to pleasant conversation. As much as I love to ride, hanging out with friends that I haven't seen nearly as often as I should throughout the year is always the highlight of my TMAC.

• Member Contributer

Everybody chowing down on ribs, bar-b-que, cole slow, potatoe salad, baked beans and desert. And beer of course...

IMG_1705.jpg

Baileyrock looks on as CornerCarver calls out a heckler in the crowd...

IMG_1707.jpg

• Member Contributer

Dutchy bringing gifts from the homeland...

IMG_1713.jpg

Dutchy providing some assistance...

IMG_1714.jpg

Yes, they are cool and no, you can't have them...

IMG_1715.jpg

• Member Contributer

Looking at Baileyrock's expression, I don't want to know what he's thinking. Some things are better left unknown...

IMG_1719.jpg

Archived