Cycle Pirates 360' adjustable footpegs

Veefer800Canuck

Just found these, I have no experience with them.

Apparently, you have to buy the mount kit for your bike separately from the footpegs.

And they list the VFR800s as a fitment. No 750s sorry.

Tried a direct link to the specific page, won't work, you'll have to drill down by application, sorry:

http://cyclepirates.com/main/index

cycle-pirates_1620-0558.jpg

• Member Contributer

I have seen them online, but was wondering too...I am beginning a new phase of life, the motorcycle commuter phase (part III) and have been thinking about some new pegs. Just got a new helmet that fits really well, and would like to hear what anybody has to say. The billet ones for the Buell Ulysses from Knight Design were previously sold by wiremybike.com, but he's not selling them anymore. They used to be about 79 bucks...now 139! They must be footing the design bill for the new K.I.T.T. 2020 for the next Knight Rider series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

The Ulysses pegs are on ebay for 37.95 + shipping. They take a few minutes with the grinder, and pop them on!

2012 05 14 19 34 22.614

2012 05 14 19 33 54.582

2012 05 14 19 34 10.673

• Member Contributer

Quick ride report: they are fine. I don't think I will move either the brake or shift lever. They seem good. Don't use the rear often (as a pedal - the linked system uses it regularly I am told), and the shifter is good for up shifts, and due to some ugly basketball/motorcycle accidents, I move my feet on the pegs to activate those two anyway. These are nice pegs, i think. Well worth the few minutes with the grinder.

Cheers!!

• Member Contributer

I bought those for my brother's SV1K. I'm kinda letting him be the guinea pig on 'em to see if I want a set. The build quality seems fine and the amount of adjustment available is pretty impressive for the price. The biggest downside so far has been the placement of the foot controls relative to the peg. The adapter pieces essentially push your feet farther out, so to work the controls you have to move your big toe a bit inward if you want the same feel. I leave my foot in the same place as always, but I can definitely tell I'm not getting as much toe under the shifter as I'm used to. It's a bit of an odd feeling, but you get used to it and I haven't missed a shift yet.

Mike

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

• Member Contributer

the way I read it you can only use their pegs... but you can keep your OEM shifter and brake levers

I re-read that and you are correct, sorry! (Harrrrr!)

These are only 52 bucks on the big old auction house...

post-72-0-76205600-1372891389.png