4th Gen Dyno. Vids and pic

• Member Contributer

So they were holding a charity Dyno event at a local(ish) place called Dyno Tunes. Dynotunes - Home

It was $10 for a quick Dyno. Get your HP and A/F numbers and all proceeds go to charity. Needless to say I was there and first in line. :tongue:

Here are the Vids:

1997 VFR750 Dyno - YouTube

1st run - 2012-04-14 - DynoTunes FREE Dyno Day! - YouTube

...and the Sheet. (click to enlarge)

img2632wh.th.jpg

I put down 90.35 rwhp

The only thing the bike has done is the Two Brothers Highmount Can and the Pair delete. (...and the Pair probably only helps the A/F readings)

It was a blast. I had alot of fun. It's amazing how surprised people are by the sound of a VFR :tongue:

I don't recall seeing a 4th gen dyno....so I thought this would be good to post, regardless.

• Member Contributer

Sounds fantastic. What elevation was the test conducted at? I'm guessing about 500 ft. ASL? I'm from Detroit so I'm thinkin' not very high. I'm at 5500 ft and just have a Staintune highmount on mine along with the obligatory PAIR removal. At my elevation It's probably a bit rich.

• Member Contributer

Sounds fantastic. What elevation was the test conducted at? I'm guessing about 500 ft. ASL? I'm from Detroit so I'm thinkin' not very high.

I'm not sure, but I'd guess about there.

Not very high.

BBBWWWWRRRROOOOAAAAAAAAAAAPP!!!!!

SCAN0125.jpg

:tour:

Very Nice!!

What year?

Any mods?

Did you get the A/F checked too?

Look how very similar both our power bands are!!

I'm interested to know what gave you the extra ponies. :-)

• Member Contributer

I'm interested to know what gave you the extra ponies. :-)

So am i lol

good numbers from both really

120hp would be nice

lol!

I think getting 120 HP at the wheel for a VFR750 would be difficult. :-p

There was a newer GSXR750 that put down about 112 rwhp.

• Member Contributer

What gave the extra ponies........ maybe the Akrapovic but since I didnot dyno it with OEM or the BOS I had previously, it is hard to tell.

I do tend to ride her hard (after proper warm up of course) since I bought her in 1997, so no clogged artheries here.... :tongue:

The 1st carbs synchronisation was after some after 12 years/65000kms; they were still in spec, needing minor adjustment only

It was a simple "2 runs for 10 euo" kind of affair at the open day of my local dealer, so no A/F.

Dyno's all have some % deviation.

I live 4 inches above sea level.... :laugh:

• Member Contributer

What gave the extra ponies........ maybe the Akrapovic but since I didnot dyno it with OEM or the BOS I had previously, it is hard to tell.

I do tend to ride her hard (after proper warm up of course) since I bought her in 1997, so no clogged artheries here.... :tongue:

The 1st carbs synchronisation was after some after 12 years/65000kms; they were still in spec, needing minor adjustment only

So the only mod is the Akrapovic? Full system with headers, or just the slip in muffler?

Stock air filter too?

Yeah I haven't synch'd my carbs yet either.

You could have easily gotten another 10HP if you had fans also blowing into the NACA ducts......... That's what they are there for ,,,,,,you know!...... :rolleyes:

Beck

95 VFR

LOL!! Why didn't I think of that?!?

• Member Contributer

Headers all OEM, only the Akra was molded...........

I wonder what the dyno would give here

d7733bea.jpg

966c6c64.jpg

690de650.jpg

• Member Contributer

LOL! Awesome. That would be a nice place to run a Dyno.

Well. Guess it could be anything that gave you the extra horses.

But our power curve looks the same and thats pretty neat. :smile:

• Member Contributer

I didn't get a copy of the sheet unfortunately. From what I know the cal accuracy on the various dyno machines is not ideal so it is only of value for direct comparison on the same machine. Good news is though the 18 year old VFR had the same power output as a new GSR750 (note not GSXR)

The only engine mod I know of is the staintune exhaust. Apparently the tune was fairly good though based on the oxygen measurement (?) at the exhaust.

• Member Contributer

Wow! Just a staintune?

Odd that it would backfire hard enough to pop flames out the back in stock trim.

Yeah, it looks like Different dynos put out different numbers for sure.

Would be interesting to see if your powerband was as similar as ours.

Archived