Highway Pegs

phoenixfire

Hi all,

Could you suggest any kits to mount highway pegs on my 99 Viffer?

I'm planning on doing my first Iron Butt ride this year. I've done a few long trips but fell short by about 100 miles but this year I want to finally conquer it! I just know though that my legs are going to be dying to be stretched out every so often - any suggestions?

• Member Contributer

I've used Radar's sliders to rest my calves on to extend my leg forward. Another option for leg extension is to lay your chest on the tank and extend one leg backwards, then the other. Works for me.

One thing I've found that helps on long rides is to do a few squats till it burns while riding......... or if you can't do it moving, stop and do it off the bike.... but the main thing is do it till it burns.........

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've never seen such an arrangement on a VFR.

Did you look into the BLS lowering blocks?

I did - however, after getting a sergent seat I found that the height problem was solved - it's just that my knees still kill me after about 2-3 hours.

I've heard of people lying on the tank and using the passenger pegs - I'm a bit weary to do this - is it risky or am I just being a puss?

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I tried that once and it was actually more cramped. I usually just stand on the pegs for a bit while flexing my quads. Also, Aleve.

-Jake

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I've heard of people lying on the tank and using the passenger pegs - I'm a bit weary to do this - is it risky or am I just being a puss?

I've done that as a way to stretch on a long slab ride. I've also sat on the passenger seat keeping my feet on the driver pegs. Easy trick when you're 6foot4.

But Sargent seat helped me a lot and I've done the Buel peg swap which lowered my feet a little extra. As I too suffer from knee issues, too much downhill skiing as a teenager, so my knees snap and crack like a campfire when I walk somedays. Just get off the bike every hour or so, even if it's just for 5mins. Do a quick little walk around the bike to help the blood flow and you'll be good to go again. If you wait utill you start to feel stiff it's too late and you'll fight it all day.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Alright so I've tested the passenger peg position a few times now and it seems to be doing the trick. Just have to be very smooth when doing it and make sure there's no traffic around and you have a nice straight road ahead.