vfr rear wheel center

Guest devilsyam

It is retained on the backside by a simple washer and nut.

If you email THURN, they can do you a plain one. Also they need to know which year of VFR your wheel came from because it makes a difference, they are not all identical for the center hole.

Mine was for a 1990-1993 8-spoke, which I'm glad I mentioned because my bike is a 1999. He told me he had to make one up special because he didn't have any in stock. I picked my own background colour and lettering colour.

He could also probably do you a plain unfinished one if you wanted to paint it yourself???

The owners English is a little choppy, but quite passable, I'm sure you'll get on fine if you send him your requirements.

Guest devilsyam

thanks will drop an email - i did go look as i have a vfr 800 and 750 wheel and cant measure a difference maybe paint thickness but not enough to alter a design perhaps he is seeing summat i'm not lol

I dunno,.......... but I find that it looks racier with the hole left open and the chintzy plastic plug on the other side eliminated so you can look right through the hollow axle.....just like the HRC endurance bikes......

I also use the hollow axle to thread my cobralinks lock though when I lock down the bike for extended periods. I don't think a thief will bother trying to tear down the whole rear end of the bike to steal it then.....

Beck

95 VFR

Edited by Beck

• Member Contributer

I got his a few years ago from Thurn. Adds a little uniqueness.

Just looking at this picture and I should strip the paint off the spokes flat part!!!

post-2653-0-00906900-1331861157.jpg

^ That's the other one I was thinking about, but couldn't remember who made it :rolleyes:

Painted black it makes the wheel look like a single-nut fitment. I think Dutchy has got one?

If I had a lathe and a milling machine, I'd do the same. Since I don't, well, I paid.

Looking forward to the pics. Got some of the Fazer Hybrid?

Nevermind, found em: http://www.devilsyam.com/honda_single_sided_09_arm_into_f.htm

• Member Contributer

^ That's the other one I was thinking about, but couldn't remember who made it :rolleyes:

Painted black it makes the wheel look like a single-nut fitment. I think Dutchy has got one?

Yes, that might be the way to go, black. I see Dutchy in the previous photos. Looks good.

Guest devilsyam

yeah looked at that but to much for manual lathe i'm happy wiv it turned a few more as buddy wants one funny that piece ally been kicking around for 6 years nearly slung it twice finally found a use for it lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Well, I got the center from Thurn last week and finally got around to putting it on. Looks good, I think anyway. :tour:

CenterPlug.jpg

Looks great, going to cost me $300 though as I really want the red powdercoated wheels now with that center plug! :pissed: