race pipes

george6x

• Member Contributer

if iam going to replace the system on my 97vfr i dont want to buy a motad or delkevic or any other heavy system i want something light and that will flow better i want a race system does anybody make these or would anybody on this site make a batch if enough people was interested.

or better still how about all of us getting together and design a system post pics with ideas of how it should look for the 3/4/5/6 gen vfrs

maybe you could retain the stock front pipes to keep costs down.

• Member Contributer

The only header system I know for the 4th gen was the two bros header. It's pretty much unobtainable at this point. Rarely see them for sale, and they are immediately gone.

Someone looked at an exhaust company to make a batch of headers a while ago to no avail. If you really really need one, might have to take it to a shop and see if they can custom fab something for you.

There was a guy that signed on here, he's more well known for making carbon parts and exhausts for RC's. He had mentioned being able to make Two Brothers replica headers, but the price was going to be around $600+ with a multiple qty minimum, and a donor set was needed to model from.

You aren't going to find such an animal unless you make it yourself.

And paying someone else to fab it for you is gonna be costly. They would need your bike for fitment as well.

Your best bet cost-wise is to sandblast your stock headers down to perfect white metal and have them ceramic coated, then get a slip on muffler of your favorite brand.

It's a 15 year old sports-touring bike. There isn't anyone making cutting edge, lightweight race exhausts for it as the market is very small. Like you and one other guy. Sorry to be blunt but that's the sad fact of supply and demand.

If it was an RC45, there are still companies in Japan who make race quality titanium full exhausts which are excellent copies of the original factory HRC pipes, but they are like $2000-$2500 apiece!!!

'Indigo' also made a 4th Gen header system - I have a sneaking suspicion that it was actually manufactured in the same plant as the TBR systems, but it is very different:

4175312326_0bd1ccb1ea_o.jpg

Note how the rear header pipes are routed close to the swingarm (where the actual single outlet pipe usually runs), with the 4-2 bit on the outside, just behind the footpeg.

This system also pairs front and rear cylinders, rather than front bank and rear bank. Perhaps it was taken off a RC30 system? although I haven't looked at one to compare.

Another pic:

4166661450_0b615dc813_b.jpg

• Member Contributer

now thats what iam talking about great pics thanks will try to find out more.

Delkevic And motad are probably your only options for new full exhaust readily available today, unless you custom fabricate one from scratch.

Two bros, yosh, indigo and everyone else quit making pipes for 4 th gens probably in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

Others on this forum have contacted these companies begging them to produce a limited run, with maybe a dozen or so other interested members behind them, and have been flatly refused.

• Member Contributer

thanks for the info i have had my 97vfr for a year now only bought it to go south 700 miles on a regular basis since then i have been on rideouts with my freinds and buy myself

always loved the v4 always will but the 97vfr is a bit of a strange beast to tame when you want to push it i found you have to wait just a little before you sling it into a bend and let it settle down once its on its side its ok i guess thats down to the soft suspension /tire setup and ride height i have not the money to go to upside down forks but what i wll do is replace the rear shock and put 10w oil in the front with a slightly reduced air gap already have progressive springs inside and its lowerd 10m at the front will also change the calipers and lines and thats it i run bt016 pro front and bt021 rear once again the front has worn out on the sides just like the 021 front bridgestones for sure they make soft fronts but i would always have it this way as you know its going to stick there is a exhaust shop in england who makes one offs they made hrc replica pipes for the rc30s and the early vfr750s fg/fh models when they raced this is the link http://gibsonexhausts.co.uk/ if enough people want something a bit different to the motads and delkevics out there i am sure they would come up with something if enough of us 4th gens get together.

• Member Contributer

Your Best performance gains will be from Rider Training, then Suspension work!

Start there! :tongue:

mmmmmmmmmm rider training been riding bikes for a loooooooooooooooong time even raced them on track was a courier in london for 15 years they say 2 years is about the average for a life of a courier in london england so i think i will stick to some suspension work

Wasn't it Delkevic who made those horrible pipes that had pipe connections where the holes were crudely cut and partially blocked??

If that's the case, keep them off your considertation list and just go for Motads, unless you are handy with a Dremel and files to open and clean up up the connections that you can reach.. Motad have had what sounds to be a decent reputation for many years in the UK too.

Other than corrosion, I never really heard of anything bad about the OEM manifold though......I think it flows better than the previous model's pipes as it does not incorporate a "boom box", So maybe as already mentioned, having it ceramic coated instead might be a good option.

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

Wasn't it Delkevic who made those horrible pipes that had pipe connections where the holes were crudely cut and partially blocked??

If that's the case, keep them off your considertation list and just go for Motads, unless you are handy with a Dremel and files to open and clean up up the connections that you can reach.. Motad have had what sounds to be a decent reputation for many years in the UK too.

Delkevics aren't anything special, but you're thinking of the "Sandy Bike Spares" ones (see eBay UK). Of the currently available aftermarket exhausts, Motad (same as Predator) are probably the highest quality, followed by Delkevic.

The Yoshimuras were a lot like the Sebring exhausts from D-land. I think they're called 1/2 systems, because they use the OEM downpipes. Some of these sometimes come up on eBay.de...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

ok i have found a small company in japan who made a replica hrc system for the rc24 i have seen the pics and it is identical i dont know the price i need someone who can speak japanese.

how many rc24 owners would be interested i think i would need at least 5 people to make it worth it.

he makes one offs what i can gather from the web site is he worked for hrc in the 80s to 90s and after he setup his own fabricating shop.

post-22187-0-54582000-1332065564.jpg

• Member Contributer

Website? How many yen?

I found a japanese site that made aluminum gas tanks for various bikes, but the cost was around $2000 each!

• Member Contributer

iam waiting for his email i used google translate to ask him questions so i dont know how he will read it

• Member Contributer

ok he sent me this email today he said.

Thank you for your e-mail.

I'm sorry. I didn't reply soon to you.

I didn't think there was inquiry from a foreign country.

It is difficult to answer in English.

However, All possible answers are challenged.

Please wait for a few days.

Thank you.

post-22187-0-28612000-1332157094.jpg

post-22187-0-68856000-1332158291.jpg

Archived