Post your Voltmeter mount pics

RedShed

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
16 hours ago, Zarquon said:

I admit a blue meter would fit better woth the theme... No holes needed. Its Just held on with double sided tape. The little green LED is the cruise control status indicator.

20180818_120014.jpg

Just curious - do you have an MCCruise?  I've heard very good things about them - would love to have one for long trips.  The green cruise light with the voltmeter is a brilliant idea.  Where did the voltmeter housing come from? 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Cogswell said:

Just curious - do you have an MCCruise?  I've heard very good things about them - would love to have one for long trips.  The green cruise light with the voltmeter is a brilliant idea.  Where did the voltmeter housing come from? 

I modified an AusCruise 3400 unit that I picked up on Ebay for $7.51. It took about 20hrs to nut out the wiring for the unit and interface it with the clutch, brake, speed VSS, throttle and intake vacuum on the bike. I'll post a thread on what I did once I've made it through the road testing. The whole project cost about $60.00AU. The MCcruise is the premium CC option and I would love one but they are pricey. The guys at MC were very fast to reply to my emails.

The voltmeter housing came with the meter from Jaycar. I just cut the back off it and blocked up the hole with a piece of plastic and glue so it fitted in between the dash and windshield. Its now stuck in position with double sided tape.

The green LED changes to red when the CC is running the bike.

Hope these pics show - just installed this voltmeter tonight and I'm hoping it lasts longer than the $10 Amazon one.  Wired direct.  It's a Blue Sea 1733 marine grade unit and I like how it looks so far.

volt1.JPG

volt2.JPG

Archived