Riding Ergonomics

jay-d

• Member Contributer

Found this video from a local site describing how important it is to setup the ergonomics of your bike to fit you!

Riding season is approaching for some and I thought this would be a great refresh for some new rides and old alike! I now remember that my clutch and brake levers definitely required me to lift my wrist up to wrap my fingers around the lever.. will definitely take some time to make all my adjustments!

• Member Contributer

I am not famous for my memory, but I have a strong recollection of discussing this with my local dealers service tech because my wrists are bent when addressing the levers. I was told that my 5th gen levers are not adjustable in that direction. There is a notch which locates them and is not adjustable.

If I am wrong I'd love to hear that! My wrists would love to lower the levers.

It's not that easy due to trying to line it up but it can be done........ Drill a new hole !

The levers are going to stop rotating down because the reservoirs will hit the risers... It's the button clusters that need the holes drilled for.

• 3 months later...

the brake line elbows are stopped by the forks. I think each and every fifth gen guy wants to rotate the levers a few degrees down to make them better fitting. My Pazzo shortie sorta fixes this problem.

• Member Contributer

Ok. I adjusted the levers and now the fluid level looks low. Do I "top it off"?

• Member Contributer

:tour:

So long as there is plenty of fluid in your res to cover the little hole in operation you should be ok...

i removed the fluid res from handle bar with a new small plate on top yoke bolt and a new pipe to connect. Race style...

Mind you, also using a cbr radial caliper for the now 929/954 forks....