Removing adjustable lowering link

Guest Tangaroa

Guest Tangaroa

I installed an adjustable lowering link and lowered my 06 VFR 1.5" . I am satisfied with it and did not feel it impaired my driving while making the bike much more manageable.

But, after reading the near catastrophic failure on Recalcitrance's blog, I will re-install the original and keep the triangles rotated hoping it will still keep the bike lower than original, (as reported on this forum).

If it is not lowered enough I may go with the Sygma link, but am weary of after market critical parts...

Thanks VFR Discussion, You may have saved my skin, ( or some of it).

Tangaroa

Edited by Tangaroa

The stock triangle plates rotated with the arrows up will lower the rear around 1 1/2" so you should be fine, I would however also drop the front end at least 1" by sliding the fork tubes up in the triples. This keeps the bikes rake and handling closer to desired and also lowers the bike.

You will need a shortened side stand though.

BR

Wow, I had missed that earlier. That could have been very very nasty had it happened in any other circumstance besides riding in a straight line on the freeway!

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/blog/188/entry-424-3-days-800-miles-and-a-total-freeway-shutdown/

• Member Contributer

I just ordered the Sigma kit for my wife. After speaking with them about their lowering link I feel confident that it is just as strong and durable as the OE if not even better. It is machined slightly larger than the OE. It is made from the same materials. It is also just a bit shorter in length which should take some stress off the center of the link (the longer an item is the easier it is to bend due to leverage). Just my thoughts.