A&A PAIR block off plates special run

huntinggunns

• Member Contributer

Local auto stores didn't carry vacuum caps large enough. Opted for a rubber cap (also found at the auto store). 1/2" fit very nicely.

post-2485-0-54466300-1325967617.jpg

Your air filter lid isn't fitting properly. Do you have a K&N filter? If so, you need to remove the rubber O-ring from the upper half of the airbox (lid) to get rid of that nasty gap you have going on there.

Veefer800Canuck,

Thanks - Wow - yes, and wondered since I bought the K&N. Removed the o-ring from the upper and the lower. Fits now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jcmcc89

Got mine today... Excellent craftsmanship. Even came with instructions.

I would post up a couple pictures but believe me when I say there are zero AA batteries in this household (stupid fire alarm is hardwired)

Edited by jcmcc89

• Member Contributer

Got mine today... Excellent craftsmanship. Even came with instructions.

I would post up a couple pictures but believe me when I say there are zero AA batteries in this household (stupid fire alarm is hardwired)

+1

• Member Contributer

Mine arrived too - here are some pic's . . . I would say as a community we're fortunate to have Toro and other members who make such high quality custom parts for us that can be had no where else. Thanks! Now, where did I put those wrenches . . .

DSC02997.jpg

DSC03000.jpg

Guest kbyte255

Yeh, thanks to Dan for a beautiful product. I am kicking myself for not getting another set! as I know I will end up getting a second VFR and I will want them.

• Member Contributer

Installed mine today. WARNING more then likely you have to break off the screws on the pair valve. All of mine would not back out with a phillips screw driver. I use a small pair of channel locks to break off the screws.

• Member Contributer

By the time I noticed this thread it was too late to get in on the special run... any chance that there may be more made? I'm sure that at least 10 more sets would sell if you did another run since it seems like some peope who bought them would want a second set.

Should we start a new thread to see who signs up for a set? You can count me in for at least one set...

:)

Do need to defeat an ecu component of the pair system as is eluded to in an earlier post?

I disconnected the entire PAIR system, which includes the electrical connections. I simply unplugged the PAIR valve's wiring connector, then filled the connector with silicone to prevent water ingress and corrosion.

The actual PAIR plumbing I capped off with the appropriate sized vacuum plugs.

Nothing to it.

• Member Contributer

By the time I noticed this thread it was too late to get in on the special run... any chance that there may be more made? I'm sure that at least 10 more sets would sell if you did another run since it seems like some peope who bought them would want a second set.

Should we start a new thread to see who signs up for a set? You can count me in for at least one set...

:)

I would contact Dan directly. He may have a few sets left. If not you might be able to talk him in to running another batch. His contact information is on his website.

• Member Contributer

I called A&A and talked to Dan's dad and he told me they still had a few PAIR kits. I stopped in at A&A yesterday and picked up my set. I also got a tour of the place and a look at all the supercharger kit parts... wow I'm so impressed with what Dan has done - true innovation. To see what this young man still in his 20's can do is inspiring and it gives me hope that our youth in the USA aren't all the sterotype of their generation. I didn't meet Dan, but if he is anything like his dad he must be a great guy.

i installed mine today, easy to do, especially with the instructions. The air box cap was a nice surprise.

My reed vavles were caked in carbon which is kind of worrying. What do the exhaust valves look like.

Should I take some sort of action to try and clean the top end? some kind of magical additive? Anyone inject water into a running engine to clean carbon with reasonable results?

• Member Contributer

I installed mine over the weekend. My reed screws also wouldn't back out. I used the cut-off wheel on my dremel to cut the threads off flush with the plate, then the shortened screw was easy to screw out.

Nice mod.

• 3 weeks later...