A&A PAIR block off plates special run

huntinggunns

• Member Contributer

Is there a difference between blocking off the PAIR valve & just disconnecting the PAIR wiring connection on the 6th Gen? or do you have to do both?

You don't have to do both. I think most just use the marble trick to plug the pair hoses. Plates just make it look better as you can ditch the whole system.

• Member Contributer

I also just ordered a set from Dan. Thanks for getting this going!

Quick question - would you all recommend removing all the (soon to be unused) components (ie solenoid, hoses etc)? Or do you leave them there?

• Member Contributer

To the original 15 on the list. Dan got with me today to let us know that the material is ordered and he is setting up the machine work. Should be about 4 weeks to get them done and in our hands. He is making 20 sets and they are 1st come 1st served. The reason that I state that is I know there have been a few members show interest in them after the list stopped. I would hate to see anyone miss out on them.

Guest Pegaso

I just ordered a set too.

Hope I'm not to late and there is a set left for me.

Wasn't planning on doing this mod because I'm not really bothered with it the way it is.

But I saw this thread and suddenly couldn't resist it :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

With the warmer weather up here in central NY, I prepped the bike for the parts.

I did remove the air box for easy access to the front assembly, although I suppose it would be just as easy to access from the front of the bike. Not sure I'll keep it like this, but I kept the short air box hose connected and blocked it off with a plug and tape.

Here are some pics. Yes, that's a squash racquet holding up the tank :-)

post-2485-0-74924500-1325901752.jpg

post-2485-0-47243300-1325901768.jpg

post-2485-0-65164800-1325901887.jpg

post-2485-0-05374700-1325901903.jpg

post-2485-0-85473600-1325901912.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Local auto stores didn't carry vacuum caps large enough. Opted for a rubber cap (also found at the auto store). 1/2" fit very nicely.

post-2485-0-54466300-1325967617.jpg

Your air filter lid isn't fitting properly. Do you have a K&N filter? If so, you need to remove the rubber O-ring from the upper half of the airbox (lid) to get rid of that nasty gap you have going on there.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Is there a difference between blocking off the PAIR valve & just disconnecting the PAIR wiring connection on the 6th Gen? or do you have to do both?

You cannot just disconnect the wires because the PAIR system is enabled by default when there is NO power applied. Only when power is applied does PAIR shut off (it closes a valve). PAIR is always active except when the engine goes into closed loop mode (i.e. the O2 sensors trim the fuel), which is not very often.

Sticking a marble in the hose that comes from the airbox and goes to the PAIR valve solenoid will do the same thing as the PAIR block off plates. You need to raise the idle speed as well, and potentially adjust the fast idle wax unit as this controls cold engine idle speed. Both are affected when PAIR gets blocked off.

• Member Contributer

Any update?

Shot Dan an e-mail a couple of days ago. All 20 sets he was making up are sold. He has started the process and said he would update us as he went through the steps. Will let you guys know when I hear anything else from him.

Any update?

Shot Dan an e-mail a couple of days ago. All 20 sets he was making up are sold. He has started the process and said he would update us as he went through the steps. Will let you guys know when I hear anything else from him.

Sold as in they are being shipped now?

• Member Contributer

Any update?

Sold as in they are being shipped now?

No, they are not being shipped yet. These were a special run because Dan did not have any in stock and he wasn't even sure he was going to make anymore. He agreed to make a batch of 20 if the interest was still there. The thread was started to find out if it would be worth his while. It only took a few days to get enough members to ask for a set for him to agree to do this. All of the 20 sets have been sold to members. He ordered the materials to fabricate them and started getting the tooling set up to make them after he saw the interest was still there. He stated it would take about 4 weeks to be ready to ship so he should be getting close. As soon as I hear from him I will let everyone know where he is at with the project.

• Member Contributer

Hi all,

Machining the plates right now. I hope to have them completed today and sent down for anodizing first thing next week. Everyone who ordered will get a shipping notification when they are ready to go!

--Dan