A&A PAIR block off plates special run

huntinggunns

• Member Contributer

I posted a few days ago asking if anyone knew of alternative PAIR block off plates besides the A&A ones. I had e-mailed Dan (toro1) and he sent a reply back that he was out and wasn't even sure if or when he was going to make another production run of these. After searching for many hours I have found that these are the only ones that are specifically made for the VFR. There are others out there that will work but they are kind of "universal" so they don't fit that well on the VFR. Anyway, Dan actually got back in touch with me and he said if we could get 10 people together that wanted a set he would do a special run of them for VFRD members. So I am starting a list here and if anyone needs a set of the best made VFR block off plates just add your name to the list. This might be the last time to get these.

1. huntinggunns

2. VcFR

3. Switchblade

4. DaveM

5. kc5555

6. fastrc46

7. gmtech94

8. Togan

9. Willy

10. VFR800Ryan

11. Mac

12. whiteboyslo

13. Graves

14. jim v

15. Eggs on Leggs

Edited by huntinggunns

• Member Contributer

which generation and how much? Looking at one set for the 4th gen, maybe for the 5th as well.

Sorry,

I should have mentioned that these are for the 5th and 6th gen's. They are the same for 98 and up.

• Member Contributer

PAIR block off plates are used to disable the PAIR system. Basically, this system is used to introduce fresh air into the exhaust system to lower emissions levels coming out of the exhaust. If you run a PCV with auto tune or take your bike to a tuner shop this system has to be disabled to get an accurate reading. There are other ways of disabling the system but this is the cleanest way to do it.

• Member Contributer

I might be interested, depending on price.

How much will they be?

Thanks!

They are 50.00 for the set. I think that includes shipping but I a not sure. You can look on toro1's webiste (A&A performance) and see them. They are high quality, machined, and anodized aluminum plates with stainless hardware included. Compared to the other ones sold on the net nothing comes close to the quality and fit.

• Member Contributer

Seeing as they likely will be the last... I better get a pair. You can add me to the list.

My PAIR system has been removed for years, but this will clean things up very nicely.

3rd and 4th gen folks can get billet block off plates on ebay for $20/set. Believe it or not, Hayabusa plates are a 100% perfect fit. I have used them myself.

There are, of course, low priced options for the 5th and 6th gen on ebay as well, in the same price range. For the sake of not ruining toro's thread I won't go into detail here.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Seeing as they likely will be the last... I better get a pair. You can add me to the list.

My PAIR system has been removed for years, but this will clean things up very nicely.

Thanks fastrc46. Only 4 left to go.

• Member Contributer

Happy A&A blockoff plate owner chiming in!

They aren't cheap, but aren't cheaply made, either!!!

This is the reason that I wanted to go with the A&A plates. There are many companies out there that make plates. Most of them are made for the CBR's and they will fit the VFR but just not perfect. Also, most of the e-bay plates are just cut from thin aluminum and not milled. I read for hours on other motorcycle sites and I found that even on VFR world, some of the members there had used the cheaper plates and later changed over to Dan's because of the quality.

• Member Contributer

which generation and how much? Looking at one set for the 4th gen, maybe for the 5th as well.

I got the plates for my 4th GEN from TPO parts, yes they are/were for a Busa but the kit they sell for the 4th gens comes with all the stuff to plug all the 4th gen plumbing. And yes it runs better and cooler and easier to tune. (BOMLE)