Updating wheels on a 86 VFR700

Guest motorhead1977

Guest motorhead1977

OK, I have this 86 VFR700 I am fussing with and I am considering updating the wheels so I have more tire options and in theory better handling. So, who has done it, what did you use as the updated wheels and how much of a nightmare was it? I searched but my thought process does not seem to come up with the correct search terms for much success in the "Got Search" department. Thanks!

• Member Contributer

Try checking out hondavfr.org . There is lots of details in FAQ section. For those not wanting to cut/weld the rear caliper bracket I'm planning to come out with a plug-n-play Machined bracket later this coming spring (hopefully). I'm also hoping to get a it together for use with the stock forks too.

I think the above mentioned site should give you a lot of details, at least enough to get you started.

Guest motorhead1977

Jamie, Thanks for the info. If I work slowly enough our timing may be spot on! LOL I am not looking to do anything really radical, just some updates if possible. Thanks again.

Tom, I can handle any cutting and welding you'd like done. Easiest swap is going to be CBR F2 wheels. Give me a call tomorrow afternoon or Monday and I'll give you a rundown on what you need. Been there, done that. :smile: