panel cracking on vfr1200

Guest etep

hi all,

i live in new zealand and have had a vfr1200 for about 5 weeks, brought it brand new out of the crate.

the silver plastic panel (fairing) below the seat on right hand side has developed a crack on the bottom front edge just above where a rubber tube and metal clip is. went to the local stealer where bike was purchased to make a warranty claim. they checked two others that they had on shop floor, one bike has the same part starting to crack, the other is fine. both bikes on the floor are new. i thought those on this forum who own the vfr1200 may want to check this on their bikes. will be interesting to see how common it is. also how many are having trouble with the knee contact area of fuel tank covers rubbing paint up, never had this on my ST or my FJR, where same leathers,soft italian,

which one is a "known problem and honda is fixing under warranty" the cracked panel or the soft paint job? thanks for reply.

i love the bike, the way it handles (after setting the shocks up for me) and the way it goes. but am totally gutted by the lack of quality in the finish after only 3000 kilometres, so many littles things showing up on it and it becomes gutting. did 40000 kilometres on the fjr, and the paint and the finish was as good when i sold it as it was when it came out of the crate.

Archived