VFR800 Downpipes

Guest DynoRacer22

Guest DynoRacer22

Need some help. I need know how to convert VFR800 2001 downpipes to work with my VFR800 2003 bike.

My headers are falling apart and I found some on ebay for $250 brand new. Only problem is they are for the 1st gen.

Thanks

I don't think 1st gen pipes will work on the 6th gen.

I think he is referring to the 800s only, and meaning that the '98-'01 bikes are the "first generation" of the 800s, with the VTECs being the second?

At least that is what I read between the lines.

TO address the OP's question, many people have put the '98-'99 catless headers on a VTEC, and they bolt right on, only problem being the lack of a centerstand stop.

But I don't know of anyone using 2000-2001 headers WITH a cat on the VTEC model. I have no idea if there is any fitment issues.

Try a set of Delkevic headers instead?

http://www.delkevic.us/?section=shop&product_category=exhaust_s7rhj&sub_category=down_pipes__headers_rnpy9&product=honda_down_pipes__headers&variant=HONDA_VFR800FW_1997-2000_2125&start=0&search_term=&order_by=

product19_1b.jpg

Need some help. I need know how to convert VFR800 2001 downpipes to work with my VFR800 2003 bike.

My headers are falling apart and I found some on ebay for $250 brand new. Only problem is they are for the 1st gen.

Thanks

Need some more info here!!!

I would Not bother to install 01 headers on a Vtec as the 00/01 headers are the same small tube headers w/a Cat where as the vtec hearders are at least SS which shouldn't be falling apart!!! They should last longer than anyother model header? :huh:

Maybe the PO installed different headers????

If you don't plan to install Catless headers then stick to any year Vtec headers to keep the SS pipes. :ph34r: