• Forum CEO

You old tymers may have noticed that when starting a new topic the "topic description" line no longer exists, replaced with "topic tags" this is not the same, its been adopted from popular blogging software to aide in searching. Topic tags are simple one or two word descriptions of the content you are adding, not a line paragraph or sentence to describe the topic anymore. The tags all get shown together or can be searched to create a list of similar topics pertaing to that tag.

Some of you have already adopted this approach some are still adding sentences as a topic description to the topic. I would still like to make topic tags open, but as an admin I can just post up a list of tags for you to choose from and well I am not that creative so the tags would be limited to my feeble list of tags. So please I hope I have explained what tags are - and on the homepage you will see a new block, and on the forum index page there is also a block with popular tags - click on the tag that interest you and see a list of topics tagged that way.

for example I tagged this topic with "topics" "tags" "description" and "search" you can add up to 10 tags to a topic, and you can go back and edit them if you want to later on the topics you created.

• Member Contributer

Thx HS - I thought it looked a bit different but didn't take much notice

• Forum CEO

Make sure to hit the return key after each tag so that it registers it singlely, or it will lop them all together as one tag. you will see a blue box form around the tag each time it registers.

• 3 months later...
  • Forum CEO

New topics will require an input of at least one tag now, one word that best describes the topic, you can use more then one, as long as you separate each new tag with a comma and not one long string of words as one tag. Sometimes a tag will require a string of words just use common sense please! Tagging is the way the forum software is now going forward in the future makes sense to use it wisely, makes searching topics so much easier.

(I.E. the redslut tag our friend in Holland uses for his topics - that's the name of his bike not about a person!)

• 4 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I'm dutyfully tagging my topics......

I may lure some new members......... :ph34r: