Nissin Master cylinder swap and backwards ID

Guest paperstreet

Question

Guest paperstreet

Hello,

I have a 2nd gen (1986) VFR700F with non-stock master cylinders, both brake and clutch. It's a great mod, and an obvious solution to upgrading old masters, especially since the front and rear wheels aren't stock, either.

PROBLEM:

I have to find rebuild kits for the master cylinders, and I have no idea what bikes they came off of.

Is there any way to backwards ID a Nissin part with what bike they were OEM?

The brake is an 11/16" bore, non-radial. I can supply pictures and measurements.

The clutch is a 1/2" bore semi-radial.

Any suggestions? My local dealers are flummoxed, and emails to Nissin have disappeared into digital oblivion.

Any links or resources? Know any brake / clutch guru savants who can name that part in 3 measures or less??

Thanks in advance, and if I discover any good resources, I'll be sure to update.

Frank

6 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

The only Honda sport bike 11/16" brake master cylinder (with integral reservoir) I'm aware of was on found on the CBR600RR; the CBR954RR and RVT1000 SP2 also had this size, but with remote reservoirs. A 1/2" clutch master cylinder is fairly common.

Pictures might help.

Ciao,

Looks like a Superhawk (VTR1000) clutch to me.

Yeah, that was all our best guesses, too! Bought the kit for a 99, and it has a 5/8" bore.

Now they suspect something european. Triumph?

Archived