5th Annual Fall Ride in the Catskills: Sept 30 - Oct 2

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm304/jgmann67/?action=view&current=GOPR0017.mp4

The last few times I tried this, it just puked and said no thanks...

It said it couldn't post due to cross domain policy restrictions... WTF? Hellz with it - I'm creating a YouTube Acct.

• Member Contributer

Seb - it's nothing special. Just the ride to work. Got the youtube account and posted it up in the gopro thread. But, this looks like a decent 'sweeper cam' vantage point:

• Member Contributer

BTW, last year I plotted out Seb's routes into Garmin .gdb format. If it helps, I can do it again, but I haven't noticed anything posted on this thread. If it isn't already done and somebody PM's me a route (google or whatever) I'll give a go again.

Brian

Ah ha! Thanks for spurring my memory Brian! Look for a PM from me tomorrow! :smile:

Really need to learn how to do that myself at some point.

Hear hear! or is that here here! I really need to learn how... I've downloaded gpsbabel but just waiting for Seb's PM to jack it into a garmin file....

• Member Contributer

Did we forget to tell CornerCarver there's a new board? :idea3: He's been awfully quiet lately... :huh:

My upcoming schedule pretty much means this is the last day for bike prep before the ride, so new tires and oil going on and in today! See ya in a week, or so. :tour:

• Member Contributer

I have been out of town for the past week and am heading back out again this sunday....returning Tuesday night and on the road Wednesday am...MiniCarver will have to mow the neighbors lawn to get his tires mounted at this late date...they aren't even arriving until Monday or Tuesday....

any GPS files avialable. I know the route is open to revision due to the storms and road conditions...

• Member Contributer

I have been out of town for the past week and am heading back out again this sunday....returning Tuesday night and on the road Wednesday am...MiniCarver will have to mow the neighbors lawn to get his tires mounted at this late date...they aren't even arriving until Monday or Tuesday....

any GPS files avialable. I know the route is open to revision due to the storms and road conditions...

I can do his tires Tuesday afternoon as a last resort. Or Sat if he wants Power front and rear (I have an unmounted set in the garage)

You got my number...

• Member Contributer

Thanks KevCarver....it may have to work that way.

We were working on getting his heated grips wired up today and the connector from the stator to the reg/rect has one very brown wire.

We will be cutting it out tomorrow and chacking other stuff before I head to Dallas on Sunday.

• Member Contributer

Once the gps routes are sorted, I will distribute them via PM on a per-request basis.

I was going to wash my bike, but it's going to rain for a few days so I think I'll just leave her outside for a bit... :rolleyes:

Seb, I would like to get the route files when you get them... .gdb for Garmin preferred but will take what's available & do my best to convert. Unless someone else can do so easily & send it to me...

And today's weather reminded me of the torrential downpours Jack, Joe & I rode out to this ride in last fall! Hoping that this year it's a drier ride out!

1001101036.jpg

• Member Contributer

-jimmy, I am pointing my bike north between 0500 and 0600 on friday morining. I will be in the parking lot between 1300 and 1600.

Excellent - we're talking slabin' it from here to there, then? It's about 4.5 hours from my AO to New Paltz going I83-I81-I78-I287-I87. If you roll in to the Ettoh around 0700 and with gas, smoke and food stops, that's just about a 1230 - 1300 ETA. You wanna see about meeting up with North Jersey contingency and backroad the last 1/3 of the ride?

May have a couple guys riding with us, too - PainterBob and a buddy who live about 20 miles from here.

-jimmy, I am pointing my bike north between 0500 and 0600 on friday morining. I will be in the parking lot between 1300 and 1600.

Excellent - we're talking slabin' it from here to there, then? It's about 4.5 hours from my AO to New Paltz going I83-I81-I78-I287-I87. If you roll in to the Ettoh around 0700 and with gas, smoke and food stops, that's just about a 1230 - 1300 ETA. You wanna see about meeting up with North Jersey contingency and backroad the last 1/3 of the ride?

May have a couple guys riding with us, too - PainterBob and a buddy who live about 20 miles from here.

Hey Jim, We have are reservations and will be ready for Friday morning. Let me know where you all want to meet up.

Since I can't do simple math, here is the list, split into individuals, so we, errr, Seb, can start to get an accurate head count...

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. MidlifeVFR

4. CornerCarver

5. MiniCarver

6. KevCarver (aka KPerham)

7. timmythecop

8. y2kvfr

9. Becky

10. Mr. R1 (Dave)

11. 5thGenJim

12. 46Alpha

13. Dino

14. Twox48

15. Joe Bone (FZ6 guy from last year)

16. Motorhead1977

17. Mrs Motorhead1977

18. Intercept This

19. Delaware Steve

20. DE Steve's Friend

21. GeneralSheave

22. Twitte

23. Painterbob and buddy Dan on a Ducati

Hmmm... No Tumbles or Poncho? Where's KKKKen? How many licks to the center of a tootsie pop???

• Member Contributer

Since I can't do simple math, here is the list, split into individuals, so we, errr, Seb, can start to get an accurate head count...

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. MidlifeVFR

4. CornerCarver

5. MiniCarver

6. KevCarver (aka KPerham)

7. timmythecop

8. y2kvfr

9. Becky

10. Mr. R1 (Dave)

11. 5thGenJim

12. 46Alpha

13. Dino

14. Twox48

15. Joe Bone (FZ6 guy from last year)

16. Motorhead1977

17. Mrs Motorhead1977

18. Intercept This

19. Delaware Steve

20. DE Steve's Friend

21. GeneralSheave

22. Twitte

23. Painterbob and buddy Dan on a Ducati

Hmmm... No Tumbles or Poncho? Where's KKKKen? How many licks to the center of a tootsie pop???

• Member Contributer

After talking with Timmy, I think that's the opposite of what he wants to do - he was telling me about his plan of meandering up here with no set route or time, and just wanting to avoid toll roads/interstate.

I'm good with that, too. A general plan is fine. Just doing the math. :-)

• Member Contributer

Looks good, Timmy. We'll have to figure out where/when to meet up. It'd be easy-peasy if you shot up I-83. The ride would pick back up on that map around Bethlehem/Easton. It's about the same mileage/time. But, if ya gotta go that route for some reason, we can meet up there (Bethlehem/Easton) for chow/break/smoke and run. NBD.

• Member Contributer

Looks like the routes are a go.

Raise your hand if you need the routes pm'd to you, I will send .gdb files.

Holding my hand high! .gdb to boot!

You Da Man Seb!