5th Annual Fall Ride in the Catskills: Sept 30 - Oct 2

SEBSPEED

Guest motorhead1977

List of attendees so far: (blue is with reservation)

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. MidlifeVFR

4.CornerCarver + 2 (MiniCarver and KevCarver)

5. timmythecop

6.y2kvfr + 2 (Beck and Mr R1)

7. 5thGenJim

8. 46Alpha

9. Dino

10. Twox48

11. Joe Bone (FZ6 guy from last year)

12. Motorhead1977 & Mrs Motorhead1977

• Member Contributer

I got the ok from my Hot Wife tonight...Can't wait!!

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. MidlifeVFR

5. timmythecop

7. 5thGenJim

8. 46Alpha

9. Dino

10. Twox48

13. Intercept this

• Member Contributer

I was out on a slightly modified (from last year) Catskills loop today. We may have to avoid a couple of roads because Irene washed a few bridges away,

but I hit 250 miles of clean road and had a great ride :fing02: . Also took a quick tour of the 87 Motel parking lot...........things were clean and quiet on a

Saturday morning.

• Member Contributer

Brian and Seb speak the truth as the progress of the clean-up is moving right along at a quick pace.I live about 10 miles from Motel 87 and ride all the roads Seb will probably map out .I went out Friday for my first ride since before Irene and most roads are in good condition.Some sand and gravel in corners that were rivers a couple of weeks ago,but overall better than I expected so don't miss out if you can get/plead for a hall pass from your better half.

I'm working that weekend but could meet up with you Brian and give you some lawn chairs and figure out how to get them back later.

Also anyone who can't make it this weekend ,I'll be around through mid Oct so I can show anyone the "good stuff" if I'm available.I freelance so I'm available weekdays and weekends depending on the week.A friend is coming Oct 10-13 and we'll be riding those three days,colors should be peak.We may go to Ontario,stay local,or New England.Depends on weather,our mood,or direction of the wind.

I live about 10 miles from Motel 87 and ride all the roads Seb will probably map out.

I completely spaced and forgot that you live in New Paltz!

Could you shoot me a PM with suggestions and conditions, if you have time? Thanks a bunch!

• Member Contributer

The Genesis is a convenient distance to the motel but New Paltz offers a lot of great food choices that are walking distance to the motel or a short cab ride.You could also go to the end of main street and walk back to hotel pub crawling on the way,theres about 10 of em"Some of my favs,..

Guilded Otter-Brews made on site :beer: , good gastro pub,outside seating with heaters and eye candy aint bad either :wub: ,..

Harvest Cafe-High deck facing the Gunks ,great food,service and wine list.

Gadeletos-Great fish/seafood and I grew up in New England FWIW

Pizza place in Gadeltos plaza-Cant remember the name,back off the road a couple doors down from Gadaletos(Not Pasquale's) I lived in Italy for a while and grew up with mostly homemade pizza and this is pretty damm close,...

Enjoy!

http://g.co/maps/jzsug

• Member Contributer

My leave was approved. If we are off of the 12 hour shifts with no days off schedule by then, you can come to the Catskills and poke me with a stick.

:cheerleader::woohoo::cheerleader:

Now we just gotta work on Burns.

• Member Contributer

I think the rooms had mini coffee pots.......I'll double check. The diner and gas/minimart are 100yds away, good pubs and restaurants

are within 1 mile........everything we'll need is close! Is anyone planning on local riding on Friday or Sunday? One day just isn't enough

to hit some of the better roads here.

I plan to roll in sometime Friday late morning, me on the bike & wifey w/ the car so we don't have to pack & load the bags. Might head south to meet up with northbound arrivals (Timmy?) and make a leisurely run back to the motel. Likewise I could head north the fun way on Sunday with anyone who's heading north in search of twisties.

• Member Contributer

As of right now, the Atlanta trio are planning on leaving Wednesday morning and missing as much slab as possible. Looks to add about 300 miles to a 900 mile trip but you never when you may get the chance to ride that stretch again...sure as hell don't want to do it on the interstate.

If it works out we could be there Thursday night but more likely Friday before lunch and could be persuaded to ride some other roads.

• Member Contributer

Typical temperatures for early October would be mid 60's during the day and 45 - 50 overnight. You should be safe

leaving the mesh at home. Expect very cool temps when we leave in the morning...........it will warm up in the valley near

the motel, but stays fairly cool in the mountains. In other words.........make sure your heated grips are working before

coming north..........and pack your hoodie for the nightly beer sampling.

Typical temperatures for early October would be mid 60's during the day and 45 - 50 overnight. You should be safe

leaving the mesh at home. Expect very cool temps when we leave in the morning...........it will warm up in the valley near

the motel, but stays fairly cool in the mountains. In other words.........make sure your heated grips are working before

coming north..........and pack your hoodie for the nightly beer sampling.

Yessiree, what he said. The lower temps are the price you pay for the wonderful sights and smells of fall here.

Guest DelawareSteve

I got the ok from my Hot Wife tonight...Can't wait!!

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. MidlifeVFR

5. timmythecop

7. 5thGenJim

8. 46Alpha

9. Dino

10. Twox48

13. Intercept This

14. Delaware Steve and Friend

Guest DelawareSteve

Count me in. I'll be riding early Friday from Wilmington DE and will rendevois with friend in Northern Jersey... would love to link up with others for the ride up... let me know