5th Annual Fall Ride in the Catskills: Sept 30 - Oct 2

SEBSPEED

Guest DelawareSteve

I plan on riding up on Friday. I will be leaving from Morristown NJ, (North central NJ), I plan on taking some good roads up (=not thruway), let me know if anyone wants to meet.

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. MidlifeVFR

4. CornerCarver + 2 (MiniCarver and KevCarver)

5. timmythecop

6. y2kvfr + 2 (Beck and Mr R1)

7. 5thGenJim

8. 46Alpha

9. Dino

10. Twox48

11. Joe Bone (FZ6 guy from last year)

12. Motorhead1977 & Mrs Motorhead1977

13. Intercept This

14. Delaware Steve and Friend

15. GeneralSheave

15. Twitte

Hey Twitte, I'm riding up from Wilmington DE, meeting up with a friend near Morristown NJ around 1pm on Friday... let me know if you want to ride up with us..we prefer back roads also.

• Member Contributer

Who are the leads this year? I can volunteer to sweep for Intermediate.

Seb/Brian: I'll be watching my PM for routes (please and thank you)

Who are the leads this year? I can volunteer to sweep for Intermediate.

Seb/Brian: I'll be watching my PM for routes (please and thank you)

If I can figure out how to make the gps files, you're welcome to them... unless you want to volunteer to create them? :491:

I'm going to lead the Intermediate Fast, maybe have you and Brian tackle the Intermediate and switch up duties as you wish, and then there's the Scenic group which Tom usually heads up.

• Member Contributer

If I can figure out how to make the gps files, you're welcome to them... unless you want to volunteer to create them? :491:

Seb, If you can get the routes mapped I'd really like to have them so I can load my Zumo...unfortunately I am technically challenged and have to rely on others to do the actual mapping... unless you don't mind unexpected "detours" thru the woods sans roads & trails!

Guest DelawareSteve

I like to ride at a good pace using judgement. I have done multiple track days in the past (previous bikes), but not with the VFR

Hey Twitte, email me at stevelynn.peterson@gmail.com, I'll give you my cell number and see if we can't meet and ride up together... anyone else?... will be leaving Wilmington DE around 11am (Fri)... will be linking up at a rest stop with at least one friend in northern NJ around 1 or 1:30... join us if you can... sounds like Twitte even knows where we're going... has a map and everything

As far as my riding style...almost 50 and not the rider I used to be (used to ride a lot with some great friends, we played rugby and some club hockey at Illinois...won the Mid-American Cup one year, but then got married, stopped riding and became boring as hell)... gave up riding when kids were little...getting back into it... just bought the VFR this year...have an adventure bike also, because I really enjoy touring/hiking/camping which I do with my brother about once a year...can't find anyone else interested...groups I ride with locally are all Harley people (or metric equivalents thereof)...not very exciting but really nice people, and we ride to really nice locations--good meals, good people, good fun. It is a little frustrating riding with Harley's though... constantly holding back on the throttle...dyno'd a brand new Harley with the optional horsepower upgrade and it didn't even make 75 hp at the rear wheel... My VFR dyno'd almost 170 (with Akrapovic and PC-V)...think most Harleys are under 60 hp... back roads are fun for me, because I can pass traffic like it's standing still... the groups I ride with can't pass a semi on a back road, so they just lumber along with that annoyingly loud exhaust ... did I mention they pull over every 30 minutes to wait up for the stragglers... (on one 6 hour ride, we averaged less than 20 mph when adding time in the saddle and dividing by distance)... that's when I decided to get the VFR and see about finding other riding groups ... I'm hoping this group might save me. Parents live in Asheville NC and my job takes me to Blacksburg VA, so I am out that way often enough... hope to meet up with some of you guys in the Blue Ridge Mtns one day... don't worry about me... I can keep up..

• Member Contributer

the groups I ride with can't pass a semi on a back road, so they just lumber along with that annoyingly loud exhaust ... did I mention they pull over every 30 minutes to wait up for the stragglers... (on one 6 hour ride, we averaged less than 20 mph when adding time in the saddle and dividing by distance)... that's when I decided to get the VFR and see about finding other riding groups ... I'm hoping this group might save me.

Steve, I think you've been saved!

This is a great group to ride with but do remember that NO ONE needs to "keep up". We're all about riding within our limits. No one here will ever bust you for not keeping up... I feel I'm a decent rider, no track experience but pretty comfy in the twisties. There are MANY guys (and probably gals!) here that can ride circles around me but I have never felt any pressure to "keep up". I know where my limits are and remember every time I ride that I need to go home safely.

I'm sure you will be quite happy riding with VFRD!

• Member Contributer

Since I can't do simple math, here is the list, split into individuals, so we, errr, Seb, can start to get an accurate head count...

1. Sebspeed

2. Mrs. Sebspeed

3. MidlifeVFR

4. CornerCarver

5. MiniCarver

6. KevCarver (aka KPerham)

7. timmythecop

8. y2kvfr

9. Becky

10. Mr. R1 (Dave)

11. 5thGenJim

12. 46Alpha

13. Dino

14. Twox48

15. Joe Bone (FZ6 guy from last year)

16. Motorhead1977

17. Mrs Motorhead1977

18. Intercept This

19. Delaware Steve

20. DE Steve's Friend

21. GeneralSheave

22. Twitte

Hmmm... No Tumbles or Poncho? Where's KKKKen? How many licks to the center of a tootsie pop???

• Member Contributer
I'm still trying to work out a few kinks to be able to make it this year. Is it okay if I'm a last minute addition?

Same here.

I'm prolly be arriving Friday night and leaving either Sat night or early Sunday morning. That will depend on the amount of 'fun' Saturday night.

• Member Contributer

I'm still trying to work out a few kinks to be able to make it this year. Is it okay if I'm a last minute addition?

Pat,

We're really hoping it works out and you can join us! Joe & I will gladly share our room... I don't think they have rooms with 3 beds but they did say they had "air bed" avail if we needed... that is unless Joe doesn't mind you spoonin' with him... then in that case you won't need the "air bed"! Your call! :laughing6-hehe:

And ya, what's with the Canadian connection?

Any word from Poncho, Tumbles & crew or DDO-VFR? It just won't be the same, eh?

• Member Contributer

If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the Eh-Team.

(I'd link to the video, but can't figure out this new forum software).

Pat,

We're really hoping it works out and you can join us! Joe & I will gladly share our room... I don't think they have rooms with 3 beds but they did say they had "air bed" avail if we needed... that is unless Joe doesn't mind you spoonin' with him... then in that case you won't need the "air bed"! Your call! :laughing6-hehe:

And ya, what's with the Canadian connection?

Any word from Poncho, Tumbles & crew or DDO-VFR? It just won't be the same, eh?

Take off eh...

I can't commit either way until next week. Life sometimes gets in the way of my riding! At this point it is still 50/50. Good weather (dry) will definitely make it hard to stay home (tires are approaching end of life, so riding in seriously wet weather will be dubious).

BTW, last year I plotted out Seb's routes into Garmin .gdb format. If it helps, I can do it again, but I haven't noticed anything posted on this thread. If it isn't already done and somebody PM's me a route (google or whatever) I'll give a go again.

Brian

Take off eh...

I can't commit either way until next week. Life sometimes gets in the way of my riding! At this point it is still 50/50. Good weather (dry) will definitely make it hard to stay home (tires are approaching end of life, so riding in seriously wet weather will be dubious).

BTW, last year I plotted out Seb's routes into Garmin .gdb format. If it helps, I can do it again, but I haven't noticed anything posted on this thread. If it isn't already done and somebody PM's me a route (google or whatever) I'll give a go again.

Brian

Ah ha! Thanks for spurring my memory Brian! Look for a PM from me tomorrow! :smile:

Really need to learn how to do that myself at some point.