2012 VFRD SumSum x2 - August 14 – 17th

didit

• Member Contributer

Room is booked and looking forward to seeing great people and riding great roads.

Mark

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Not sure if i will have a different bike by then (non vfr) I'm going and BOOKED!

Now Jeff don't just go around and say silly things like that!! How can you get rid of a vfr?!??! :tongue:

Wish I could go but I won't be able to. I'll just have to read the thread and get hammered out of frustration for not being able to go... :pissed:

• Member Contributer

Just checked with the Hotel, there are 6 rooms booked out of the initial 20 room block. Guessing some who have booked, did so outside the actual block, but hope you got the same rate.

Once the block is gone, aparently the rate may go up a little. When you call, be sure to request the VFRD group block and room rate.

Already have some of the goodies attendees will get confirmed. Only 331 more sleeps till travel time!

• Member Contributer

They seem to have a difficult time identifying the block when speaking with them. There looks to be at least 3 stories they've given - they told me 2 were taken when I booked, but before me they told Axel7 that 8-9 (can't they tell?) were taken and now they say 6. :huh: Hmmm . . . they did quote me the correct rate but I may call them back to confirm they still see me on the correct dates.

Hmmm . . . they did quote me the correct rate but I may call them back to confirm they still see me on the correct dates.

They quoted me the correct rate and dates. I got a good confirmation number, so I'm not too worried.

• Member Contributer

Not sure if i will have a different bike by then (non vfr) I'm going and BOOKED!

Now Jeff don't just go around and say silly things like that!! How can you get rid of a vfr?!??! :tongue:

Wish I could go but I won't be able to. I'll just have to read the thread and get hammered out of frustration for not being able to go... :pissed:

No come on we have given you plenty of time to change your plans.........

• Member Contributer

CONGRADULATIONS! Vanion. I was thinkin, You, Zia, I and whoever else from this neck of the woods is interested could go up together. Is the MoM-in LaW local? Good opportunity for some Grandmother practice. Let me know if you are up for at least coffee and a bagel anytime soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like plans are in the works to make the Summit! I just need to decide if I should look at going to Sturgis the week before or to the Salt flats Speed week in Bonnville the week after. I really want to check out and say i've been to both of these.

Looks like plans are in the works to make the Summit! I just need to decide if I should look at going to Sturgis the week before or to the Salt flats Speed week in Bonnville the week after. I really want to check out and say i've been to both of these.

Dean, there's lots of good riding in the Black Hills of SD. It's especially better when there aren't 500,000 pirates clogging up the area.

Have a stop at Ellsworth airforce base while you're in Rapid City. Tour the museum. Very worthwhile. You'll get into a minuteman missile silo!

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

SumSum 2012 button logo

Okay, since I've been back for a while now I figured I'd get busy with stuff.
Here is the logo for the SumSum 2. Working out shirt options and registration pages soon, most likely with a launch in the new year.
Calling the hotel next week to see where rooms are at.
Routes are planned.
2 Sponsors on board now.

Book your time.

Would very much like to to this. It'll be my first "major" bike trip. I've got no issues with heading up that way on my own, but is anyone from the north Texas area planning on going? It's only 850 miles of slabbing it, which would be two relatively easy days to get out there. Leave on Monday, back on Saturday.

• Member Contributer

Well I'm putting the dates on the calendar. Have a few other "dates" I need to work out as well but it looks doable at the moment.

• Member Contributer

I just booked my room. Mapquest says 1200 miles from Minneapolis. I'll be looking forward to it With Wild Anticipation. Eight months + to build up my butt callouses.

• Member Contributer

Sorry, this is not enough notice :laugh:. I have sold the KLR and I will be scouring the web over the winter for my next bike... no idea what to get, but I always thought the RWB anniversary VFR was a nice set up.... may be time to get back into the VFR fold and do a longer road trip next summer (hint hint).

• Member Contributer

No come on we have given you plenty of time to change your plans.........

Sorry, but I will be changing diapers with #3 who will be three months old and if I want to keep my cojones and my pension fund I better skip next summer's meet... Maybe in 8-9 years?!?!?.....

C

• Member Contributer

Sorry, this is not enough notice :laugh:. I have sold the KLR and I will be scouring the web over the winter for my next bike... no idea what to get, but I always thought the RWB anniversary VFR was a nice set up.... may be time to get back into the VFR fold and do a longer road trip next summer (hint hint).

NO!!! SAY IN AIN'T SO!!!!! No more hooligan in Nelson?!?!?! WTH?!?!?! :-))))

C

PS we all knew you were going to see the light, it was just a matter of time...

• Member Contributer

My wife is due for our first baby in April. I wonder if she will be willing to let me run off for a few days by August? :unsure:

If I were you, I'd stay put. But with only one, it's still doable I think, although sleepness nights are sleepness nights no matter what...

Good luck.

C

• Member Contributer

If I were you, I'd stay put. But with only one, it's still doable I think, although sleepness nights are sleepness nights no matter what...

Good luck.

C

We will see. I will do what's in my family's best interest first of course, but if she gives me the kitchen pass I won't say no.

And congrats on your newest addition as well. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

For those of you with new (or expected new) borns around that time, just get a wife for your wife.

Do you remember everything that happened when you were <1? You can be an even better dad when they are old enough to remember you being a good dad,

like teaching them how to ride, wearing the right gear and what to pack on a long road trip.

Then, when the SumSum 8 (in 2030) comes around you'll be the proud daddy, to have them with you.

Then you can show them pictures of the old days when we used to use gas, have to plan a route on a GPS thingy,

and even slow down to pay 'the man' for what they used to call a speed limit.

Then when they ask, "hey isn't that you in that picture?". "Wasn't I born that summer?" You can show them the scars (from mom).

Okay, maybe you better make your own decisions. Afterall, look at what happened to Mad Max.

Alone, with a dog, in the wasteland. Avoiding Pirates and thinking about his buddies that used to ride together. Of course, Max drives a cage.

Archived