Chicagoland?

Crewwolfy

I've seen a handful of VFRs in the area, a pristine red 5G in Uptown, a yellow riding through Wicker Park, and a RWB in Arlington Heights. Any of you guys on here? Truly rare to see one on the streets, so I always get a little excited when I do. :P

• Member Contributer

I've seen a handful of VFRs in the area, a pristine red 5G in Uptown, a yellow riding through Wicker Park, and a RWB in Arlington Heights. Any of you guys on here? Truly rare to see one on the streets, so I always get a little excited when I do. :P

None of the above are me, I'm flat black. I see a 2nd generation up near my place in Des Plaines, but only when I'm in my car go figure. Either way, very few of us out there. Even fewer at the Autobahn on my first track day this past weekend. There were two of us though; a bright red one and me....

• Member Contributer

I agree, don't see many of us on the road. I'm on a red 6th gen w/bags in Arlington Heights.

And here I thought I might be the only one in a five mile radius. I'm heading to Kettle Moraine tomorrow am w/ a group I ride w/ often. http://www.meetup.com/RTRChicago/

Don't sell it...

• 1 month later...

Thanks… I have a group planning on going to Colorado June 15 2012 for a week. Any takers? Please beware that several of the guys will be trailing their bike out there. Let me know and I will keep the post open.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I am in the city at Clark and Division.

Shogun- I would be interested in the CO trip next summer. Please keep me in the loop. I made a similar trip a few years ago and enjoyed it.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I'm in Oak Park and interested in riding with other riders with good choices in bikes

Shogun ... good choice in car too!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok,

Guy's and Gal's in the Chicagoland Area... let's get a ride going this year 2012? Date: June 10 2012 Time 09:00Am or earlier for breakfast?? Location: open for breakfast. Ride to Strave Rock!! I am tired of talk and post's... let's ride!! Let me know, Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Any further plans for this June 10 ride? I'm in Evanston on a yellow 2000. Do any of you guys do the Full Moon on Sunday mornings in North Chicago - I'm usually there early AM and then ride up into Wisc from there with a small group on a variety of bikes. Would be interested in doing a VFR day there or somewhere in Chicagoland sometime.

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I'm a new VFR owner in downtown Chicago. Anyone have any route ideas? The best I know of is Sheridan Road from Evanston going north past Lake Forest.

I do that quite often on weekends and weeknights. Anyone care to join?

• 7 months later...

Yeah the trip TO route 20 is quite boring. Once you get there, it gets much better. I'd recommend not going after heavy rain though; the road from Galena to Savannah was flooded and closed off. :(

As for routes in the city.. not so much.. Nothing's going to beat that Sheridan squiggle. That said, I'm a motorcycle instructor, and our school offers an intermediate course. In addition to learning stuff, the last 2-3 hours is basically an autocross track. 12 bikes max, huge parking lot, experienced instructors and a good variety of bikes; watching an UltraGlide navigate a slalom is fooking awesome.

Nothing's going to beat that Sheridan squiggle.

I remember that seemed to be the one and only twisty bit anywhere around when I lived in Rogers Park in the 80's.

Got my XS750 stuck up against a guard rail there one day. Case guard stuck under rail, suspension compressed. :pissed:

Could have been real ugly, but turned out OK. Leg undamaged. So, I remember it well. :laugh:

You need to visit ElLay, we have thousands of mo betta turns than that here. :warranty:

• 1 month later...

Archived