Russell Day-Long Seat

Anaconda

Has anyone had any experience with a Russel Day-Long seat on a VFR? (http://www.day-long.com/gallery_Sports_Bikes.html) I just came back from a 1800 KM trip to the Wawa area in northern Ontario and met this biker on a FJR 1300 with one of those custom seats on his bike. I tell you, my butt was envious. The seat looked pretty good on the bike too. They seem quite pricey but my butt would be happy. He said it was awesome on a long ride. Any opinions?

• Member Contributer

I understand that it is similiar to the Rick Mayer seat that I traded for earlier this year. http://www.rickmayercycle.com/gallery/Honda_Interceptor.jpg

I like the seat, but I think it depends on how you ride. I don't "hang off" the seat in corners, so it works well for me. YMMV.

• Member Contributer

I had one on my VFR800 and put about 100K miles on it. It looked a little funny on the bike, but it was a good seat. I could ride for 8 hours with no problem and after that with some discomfort, but not much...could easily go 12 hours. To me, it was much better than the stock seat and would recommend it if you can stand the looks. I now have a Rick Mayer on a VFR1200 and it's good too, but not as good as the Russell was from a pure comfort standpoint.

• 4 months later...

I just reserved a build-date of 2-24-12 for the seat of my new 2008 VFR800. I've had a Russell seat on my 2006 ST1300 for two years now and love it...riding 14-hour days, back to back. I've got leather on the ST1300, but am going with the sport seat and gripper vinyl on the VFR800 per their suggestion. Great people and a superior product.

The RDL is going to be softer and cover/support you "more" , and the RM is half-way between Sargent and RDL .

But I'd suggest paying more attention to how the edges of the seat feel on your inter thigh, it's going to be different from bike to bike, it's all about are you sitting without hot-points on the inside of your leg........

Speaking of which BR !!!!! did you fix your seat from rubbing your inter leg/thigh area ? And anything that you did that might help ppl looking at this thread.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Member Contributer

Yes, had a Russell All Day on my 2006 VFR800. One Word: Awesome. Rode for days without any issues, did not even weant to get of the seat during a tank stop.

Looks a liddle odd on the bike at first, but not too bad. Once you sit on it, or in it, all your worries about how it look vanish.

First had a Corbin, a waste of money. Russell for me, ALL-DAY.

• 2 years later...

Reviving an old thread. Any pictures of the Russell Day long seat? I am looking more for the passenger. I want to make my young son now move around, comfortable and maybe even have the front seat back for him to be able to hold on to.

Archived