08 running hot w/Leo's ???

04asphalt

my 04 ran around 175F but the 08 I have now with Leo slip-on is running 190F +

I read the Cat flows better on the 08 but would that explain the high temp? very small exhaust leak? need a PCIII?

Im going riding, my 06 STOCK, and I guarantee, it will go over 190. Since its 100 degrees here, I'll see well over 215 degrees at times.

so what are you complaing about? The only issue i have , the stock vfr has some lean spots up to the 1/4 throttle range, those areas should be enrichend changing from stock.

Better yet, why dont they just give us , an adjustable FI

The bike is running to lean. Common problem when you install after market pipies.

lean you say, I wasn't sure. my riding buddy said rich but I read they were already lean stock for emissions. would a leak make it even leaner?

the 08 has the 5k flat that my 04 didn't??

• Member Contributer

The bike is running to lean. Common problem when you install after market pipies.

lean you say, I wasn't sure. my riding buddy said rich but I read they were already lean stock for emissions. would a leak make it even leaner?

the 08 has the 5k flat that my 04 didn't??

He's right, the increase in temperature is due to a lean condition. A leak could cause that, but more than likely it's just your higher flowing exhaust. Get a PC and you'll be all set.

As mentioned adding a free flowing exhaust to an already Lean bike will only make it run leaner, but 190 is NOT hot.

All Vtec's could use more fuel especially with a pipe, but I wouldn't worry about running 190 or even 220. When you constantly see temps over 240 your running hot. Remember Honda designed these things to run lean and at higher temps and they don't even bring the cooling fan on until it reaches 220 deg, so stop looking at the temp gauge.

Now if your bike is running poorly, then do something about the normal Lean condition! :biggrin:

BR

I hear the way to go, is to get the PCV and the Autotune. That way you don't have to have it tuned as it will do it for you. The 02-10's are mapped by gear, if I remember properly, and the PCIII won't do that. I have thought about changing to the PCV and getting the autotune so that I can better tune the bike. Presently, I run a PCIII and had it Dyno'd for my set up. Either way will work though!

• Member Contributer

I hear the way to go, is to get the PCV and the Autotune. That way you don't have to have it tuned as it will do it for you. The 02-10's are mapped by gear, if I remember properly, and the PCIII won't do that. I have thought about changing to the PCV and getting the autotune so that I can better tune the bike. Presently, I run a PCIII and had it Dyno'd for my set up. Either way will work though!

Get the PCV, IIRC, it's about the same price as the PCIII and gives you more options. A PCV without all the expensive add-on modules is really just a PCIII with better software and a 15% throttle position (PCIII just has 10's). But It gives you the option to expand later if you want, for the money you'd be better off going with a PCIII.

As far as Map-by-gear goes, it's another nice feature that you don't have to use, but won't be able to have the option with a PCIII. (and 02-05 VFR's do NOT have this option, BTW) Check Coderighter's threads for info on this if you want it.

I was actually going to mention that 190* is not remotely hot (I agree with BR), but didn't want to confuse things...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived