Sargent VS Corbin how is your butt doing after your purchase?

MRChickhabit

• Member Contributer

I have had both and like the Sargent. Loved the smuggler corbin but the Sargent is lighter, as or more comfortable likely less or the same price as the Corbin. I wouldn't waste my money on a Corbin horse saddle.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I have had both and like the Sargent. Loved the smuggler corbin but the Sargent is lighter, as or more comfortable likely less or the same price as the Corbin. I wouldn't waste my money on a Corbin horse saddle.

I've have both and agree with you. They both fit me great and are a vast improvement over stock. I've been lucky to pick up a couple of used Corbins. On for $25! Still can't believe that one. Another, gunfighter and lady were off an 01 I bought last fall. The seat goes on my daily rider and offers my wife a secure feeling when she is on the back. They are both top quality, and in my case, both comfortable. Probably can't go wrong with.a Sargent if you are buying new. Heard a lot of poor reports on Corbin's service, too. I have never needed them. Rubber side down, Dave

• 4 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I have a Sargent and after a mishap with the rear part which i had recovered i got the upholsterer to put gel pads in as well. Even better now.

• Member Contributer

Had a Corbin on my first bike, a Ninja 500R... and now have a Corbin on the '02 VFR. Both seats have been outstanding - every summer I do at least two 13-hr round trips (943km, from Dartmouth NS up around the Cabot trail and back in one shot). Couldn't walk the day after with either of the stock seats, but the Corbin really is all day comfortable. I bought both seats from Canadian sellers on Kijiji - both in the neighborhood of $200. Be patient - its worth a bit of a wait to save $200-300 off MSRP (and factor in the exchange rate, shipping, duty if you're Canadian).

Pics or it didn't happen:

2005 Ninja 500R

post-25792-0-89893700-1432633077.gif

2002 Honda VFR800

post-25792-0-69236400-1432632857.jpg

Archived