Laser Extreme Exhaust

VFRBulldawg

hmmmmmmm after I get settled into my engineering job and money starts coming in, I may try to take the torocharger off your hands if you still havent fit it yet.... ;)

• Member Contributer

Hi Arrow well short answer YES I'm going to install the supercharger kit after all. Did some regular maintenance just the other day & the bug bit me again only problem I have to do valve clearances & have injectors cleaned & flow tested before install. I'm going away April so going to start build after that which will be a slow process as there are a number of things I plan to do with the kit.

1. I hate the 5th gen radiator install especially the main outlet being squashed to fit so going to have a custom radiator made instead.

2. Looking at all the rubber hoses/clamps also don't thrill me so looking to have pressure fittings & hoses instead.

3. Standard oil cooler looking to up size again with pressure fittings & hoses.

4. Gauges for SC working out how to integrate into bike so looks factory.

5. New bike paint work.

I have another major bike trip oct so has to be finished & sorted by then :-)

Definitely looking forward to following this project!

The one I briefly rode over here had major issues with overheating so beefing up the oil cooler is a must, but then I'm sure you know this already.

Fifth-gen or Sixth-gen? Maybe I haven't had a chance to ride mine enough to experience any overheating problems, but in the couple of shake-down runs I've done I never noticed the temperature getting high at all. The 5th-gen A&A kit replaced the OEM air/oil cooler with a trick water/oil cooler plumbed between the radiators. It does look a bit insubstantial, but I figured Dan had engineered it at least as well as everything else in the kit. I understand that the 6th-gen LHS radiator (thicker) will fit the 5th-gen, so I was planning to do that anyway, however.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Hi Arrow well short answer YES I'm going to install the supercharger kit after all. Did some regular maintenance just the other day & the bug bit me again only problem I have to do valve clearances & have injectors cleaned & flow tested before install. I'm going away April so going to start build after that which will be a slow process as there are a number of things I plan to do with the kit.

1. I hate the 5th gen radiator install especially the main outlet being squashed to fit so going to have a custom radiator made instead.

2. Looking at all the rubber hoses/clamps also don't thrill me so looking to have pressure fittings & hoses instead.

5. New bike paint work.

Great to hear Roy, I really look forward to seeing the finished product :wink: ...

5. New bike paint work.

The one I briefly rode over here had major issues with overheating so beefing up the oil cooler is a must, but then I'm sure you know this already.

Fifth-gen or Sixth-gen? Maybe I haven't had a chance to ride mine enough to experience any overheating problems, but in the couple of shake-down runs I've done I never noticed the temperature getting high at all. The 5th-gen A&A kit replaced the OEM air/oil cooler with a trick water/oil cooler plumbed between the radiators. It does look a bit insubstantial, but I figured Dan had engineered it at least as well as everything else in the kit. I understand that the 6th-gen LHS radiator (thicker) will fit the 5th-gen, so I was planning to do that anyway, however.

Ciao,

We are taking this thread off topic which I apologize for but will answer above.

My bike doesn't run to hot most of the time in current state but in Australia Summer can be fairly extreme at times & it's those days my bike will run high temp if not moving at a decent pace. Installing the SC will add allot of heat even if I'm not thrashing every gear with the extra hp like I do at present because I ride it like I stole it as bike is for fun I don't commute. The install for the 6th gen SC kit your decreasing cooling capacity needing to install a smaller 5th gen radiator RHS which troubles me even if the few that have installed the SC kit on a 6th gen report no dramas.

I also hate how the top RHS radiator outlet more or less has to be squashed out of shape to fit the hose, so will be looking into custom radiator setup to at least maintain the 6th gen capacity & address the RHS top outlet issue plan A. So trying to maximize the size of RHS radiator that is possible & even larger LHS radiator. Larger oil cooler would also be nice so looking at that as well but to do that it would have to be relocated into another position probably in front of motor but until I place SC in place & look at clearances that is plan B. Back up plan if I'm still not happy with temps is trying something like this plan C http://liquidintelligence115.com.au/

• Member Contributer

5. New bike paint work.

Ciao,

Sorry, 5th Gen

I'm not sure who supplied the kit (it was from over your side of the pond) and it was a few years ago now but the kit came with no change to the standard oil cooler circuit. It became quickly obvious that it did need a boost otherwise it regularly ran well above the fan temp.

It was a hoot though; throttle wheelies at 100mph+.

All done at Silverstone circuit I might add!

• Member Contributer

I also hate how the top RHS radiator outlet more or less has to be squashed out of shape to fit the hose, so will be looking into custom radiator setup to at least maintain the 6th gen capacity & address the RHS top outlet issue plan A. So trying to maximize the size of RHS radiator that is possible & even larger LHS radiator. Larger oil cooler would also be nice so looking at that as well but to do that it would have to be relocated into another position probably in front of motor but until I place SC in place & look at clearances that is plan B. Back up plan if I'm still not happy with temps is trying something like this plan C http://liquidintelligence115.com.au/

I was not aware of the radiator differences between the 5th and 6th gens, or the squashed outlet. I wouldn't be keen to lose capacity, either, but custom radiators are probably not cheap...

Wow, I had never heard of Liquid Intelligence, but that site sure sent the alarm bells ringing...breathless testimonials accompanied by mega, mega hype on top of hype and NO PRICE. It must be priceless! And then there was the scientific "comparison" of Liquid Intelligence 115 Super Waterless Coolant with straight water and 50/50 water and coolant in no or low-pressure cooling systems--but without any comparison with coolant in a pressurised cooling system, which would be the normal way to use coolant. And the bit about water causing corrosion (LI is waterless) without mentioning the word "distilled". I don't know about you, but I sure don't fill my bike's cooling system from the garden hose. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but it appears that you actually have to call Peter Maher and listen to his sales pitch before he will sell you any of his amazing elixir...

I was trying to recall what this site reminded me of, and then I remembered it: Superbrace, and their thoroughly amusing "flexi-forks" illustration.

Ciao,

I'm hearing you guys, have only looked at web site have had zero contact with Liquid Intelligence pros/cons/bullshit. I just came across it doing research into cooling options. I'm very aware of scams, in Aus along while back one of our high profile V8 racers endorsed a product they said would make your engine run better, it was a tin box with a magnet inside. That V8 racers credibility took a major hit due to that rubbish.

Custom radiator shouldn't be that much more than new OEM mainly because it's flat so not a difficult build, either way that is my priority.

• Member Contributer

It's probably repackaged Evans Waterless coolant.

Good luck with the specific gravity of that stuff, and the VFR's side mounted radiators, tiny water pump, and miles of hoses.

Their website actually seems to make sense. Plus, they admit that Evans Waterless coolant will make the engine run 10-deg C hotter, which I've read is actually beneficial to the efficiency of an engine, provided it doesn't result in overflow. Not so sure about its potential effect on VFR right-leg roasting, though...

Anyway, sorry for the thread hijack (which had already been hijacked by zRoyz, so I don't feel so guilty about it)!

Ciao,

• 2 years later...
Well I have decided to go for it. I sent them technical questions and they got back to me in less than day with the answers. They also say they have 3 systems in stock. They are taking next week off as a company for vacation and to avoid the potential hurricane and said they will be shipping it out on the 6th of September. Here's to hoping I have a pleasant experience.

Please keep us posted on your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't really had anything constructive to add to the board yet, and I saw the laser title. Bike I just got has them, but seems like it's no longer about the exhaust. :blush:

Forced induction is cool, I'd just need dependability. 

Archived