stay away from t1concept on ebay

Guest dechaoz05

Guest dechaoz05

bought a db windscreen from t1concept on ebay 2 months ago. screen came broken, guy says he'd ship a replacement. a month later, nothing showed up. i messaged him with no reply. then i gave him a negative feedback.

finally the guy replied. he lied through his teeth by promising full refund if i revise feedback to positive. so i did and you know what happens next. NO REFUND!

ebay refused to help because it's been more than 45 days since the sale. there's absolutely NOTHING they can or are willing to do.

now i am going through my credit card company to get my money back.

lesson learned, from now on i will avoid ebay as much as i can. for you guys, stay away from t1concept.

now ride safe and enjoy ur viffer

• Member Contributer

bought a db windscreen from t1concept on ebay 2 months ago. screen came broken, guy says he'd ship a replacement. a month later, nothing showed up. i messaged him with no reply. then i gave him a negative feedback.

finally the guy replied. he lied through his teeth by promising full refund if i revise feedback to positive. so i did and you know what happens next. NO REFUND!

ebay refused to help because it's been more than 45 days since the sale. there's absolutely NOTHING they can or are willing to do.

now i am going through my credit card company to get my money back.

lesson learned, from now on i will avoid ebay as much as i can. for you guys, stay away from t1concept.

now ride safe and enjoy ur viffer

Yep, had a similar experience from the same tool/companypissed.gifwith a screen I purchased for my 4th gen VFR.

Took about 6 weeks to arrive and the screen although it looks good, DOE'S NOT FIT emailed the seller and guess what pretty much the same response as you.

DO NOT BUY SCREENS from t1concept on ebay people as although cheap, you get what you pay for dry.gif

While I like to window shop on Ebay, I will never, ever, ever use it for a purchase again. There are far too many scammers ripping people off. I have bought a few items using Ebay, I was never 100% satisfied.

• Member Contributer

I buy off eBay all the time. Haven't been burned yet but then I also read the feedback ratings, stick to certified sellers when possible, know what I want before I shop (IE a name brand), and live by the rule "If it seems to good a deal it probably is." I will pay a little extra gladly from a better rated seller any day and always use a credit card even when using PayPal.

I do agree that the BS eBay and Paypal make you go through to get a refund are stupid retarded but the one time I had to go through it I got my money back and they shut down the account of the offender. :owned:

Always good to know about a particular seller though so thanks for that. :fing02:

You probably should have insisted on the refund first before changing your feedback but hind sight being what it is...:blush:

I love ebay and have used it for almost 12 years and over 600 auctions with almost no issues! If you do a little homework by looking at history, feedback and length of membership you can eliminate 99% of problems.

I've maintained 100% Positive Feedback for the entire 12 years, but they changed the rating system to only cover 1 yr of feedback. Guess that gives someone a chance to improve it.

BR

Thanks for the warning about a poor/bad seller!

There are hundreds of bad sellers and you can't flag them all so in my 10+ years of eBaying I learned few rules, these are just few that I can think of

Selling stuff:

-make sure you have a tracking number, some scammers seeing that item was delivered USPS and not traceable will start a dispute, without tracking YOU WILL LOOSE!

-should I even mention the "Nigerian scam"?

Buying stuff:

-research the sellers feedback

-make sure the shipping fee is reasonable, you will loose it if item has to be sent back so paying a $45 shipping on a $40 item is a sure way to get burned and a sign of less than honest seller

-ask for tracking

-file a dispute before 45 days

-if you must resort to negative feedback do not revise it till you satisfied

• Member Contributer

I love ebay and have used it for almost 12 years and over 600 auctions with almost no issues! If you do a little homework by looking at history, feedback and length of membership you can eliminate 99% of problems.

I've maintained 100% Positive Feedback for the entire 12 years, but they changed the rating system to only cover 1 yr of feedback. Guess that gives someone a chance to improve it.

BR

Thanks for the warning about a poor/bad seller!

:+1:

Been using eBay almost from its inception with very little issues.

Do your homework before buying and all will be OK.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Guest dechaoz05

didn't expect so many replies but this is cool.

now i am thinking we should have a sticky thread of a list of ebay sellers or online vendors to avoid. it would definitely help the members in the future.

i did some quick review before buying. the dude has like 8000 feedbacks and 98% or something are positive. that's why i decided to get the screen from him rather than someone else.

UPDATE: looks like either my credit card company stuck out for me or ebay actually issued some type of disciplinary action. this morning i got 97% of my money back. so instead of issuing a full refund. he sent me money on paypal as a new/separate transaction... so that means 3% of the money goes to paypal... anyways, that's better than nothing

again thx for all the replies and shopping tips!

• Member Contributer

These days companies and I guess semi-professional sellers will do regular searches on the web, twitter, facebook for any mention of their name.

one recent case I found was a company that sells imported motorcycles. A forum had a string of dissatisfied customers, the owner of the shop posted a reaction and all of a sudden a whole string of happy customers were posted........ coincidence?