How does your workshop look like?

VietHorse

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Garage update time!

In addition to getting the "Yellow Peril" (the hapless imitator, sadly, not the original) running, while I was back in California over the summer I managed to build two workbenches and pretty much get the place well sorted.

post-362-0-52223400-1352380862.jpg

post-362-0-18943200-1352380912.jpg

The workbench is a solid fire door, framed with 1.75" angle iron and covered with a big sheet of stainless steel (If I were to do it again I think I would just buy a stainless steel door!) But it's dead flat and dead solid--which is exactly what I wanted. Ridgid forged steel bench vice (damn, good vises cost, don't they?)

post-362-0-48672500-1352380881.jpg

post-362-0-51683500-1352380933.jpg

I also built the long wooden workbench and the shelves (as well as making a sheet ply loft for additional storage in the rafters).

Now all it needs is a hydaulic lift... :tongue:

Ciao,

• 3 years later...
  • Member Contributer

Give the man some slack...... he did travel to the Netherlands/Assen on his VFR..... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Garage update time!

In addition to getting the "Yellow Peril" (the hapless imitator, sadly, not the original) running, while I was back in California over the summer I managed to build two workbenches and pretty much get the place well sorted.

attachicon.gifP1030435x.jpg

attachicon.gifP1030409x.jpg

The workbench is a solid fire door, framed with 1.75" angle iron and covered with a big sheet of stainless steel (If I were to do it again I think I would just buy a stainless steel door!) But it's dead flat and dead solid--which is exactly what I wanted. Ridgid forged steel bench vice (damn, good vises cost, don't they?)

attachicon.gifP1030434x.jpg

attachicon.gifP1030408x.jpg

I also built the long wooden workbench and the shelves (as well as making a sheet ply loft for additional storage in the rafters).

Now all it needs is a hydaulic lift... :tongue2:

Ciao,

Need more MC....

And how much time have you spent in this awesome workshop since November 2012, John? :smile2:

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black...

OK I'll pay that :goofy:

• Member Contributer

And how much time have you spent in this awesome workshop since November 2012, John? :smile2:

:sad:

Unfortunately, with the house rented "unfurnished" to tenants and all of our personal stuff shoved into it, it now looks like this:

post-362-0-31079000-1455147584.jpg

But, I have managed to extract the bike a couple of times since 2012!

Ciao,

Archived