• 3 months later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gallery_10931_3672_51186.jpg

164112_478832370425_523615425_6448191_4881614_n.jpg

gallery_10931_3672_48620.jpg

163494_478832520425_523615425_6448197_7533071_n.jpg

But the VFRD has to share the space with the car.... TILL i find my VFR400 to share the space with

gallery_10931_3672_1777904.jpg

DSC_0114.JPG

so clean better than my bedroom and living room

• Member Contributer

My first:

PICT0002.jpg

My latest. Still trying to become the owner, but at least I get to use it for now.

9b065158.jpg

d1ea9a80.jpg

a191f3e0.jpg

• Member Contributer

We just bought a house with two garages and the bikes have gone from this:

DSCN0717.JPG

to:

IMG-20120330-00676.jpg

IMG-20120409-00688x.jpg

IMG-20120409-00689x.jpg

It's got a propane unit heater, hot/cold water (but strangely no sink). I've got an old work laptop for internet access and music, and I just added an authentic 70's era bar from a friend who was cleaning out his garage.

The second garage is for the car:

IMG-20111107-00332.jpg

The rest of the property ain't too shabby either. It's on 1 acre with Kootenay Lake and the Purcell Mountains in the background.

IMG-20120512-00819%2520Stitch.jpg

• Member Contributer

Since I live in an apartment, work is my workshop.

It's a building the size of a city block, with 60 CNC machine centers, 60 manual machines, a tool and die making shop and nearly any tool I can think of.

I love that they let me do "personal projects" there using all their tooling. Being a manager at a factory has its perks. :)

All of my classic bike buddies get out a "honey do" list about once a month...

• Member Contributer

*shakes fist at Auggius*

Hell of a setup. What a view.

It's a building the size of a city block, with 60 CNC machine centers, 60 manual machines, a tool and die making shop and nearly any tool I can think of.

Yeah, back at you.

I do CAD work for an interior design firm in Vancouver, so the best I can do is draw up plans for my garage. But that won't get it done though. Cool that you have all that machinery at your fingertips to actually make something. But you know of course that :worthlesswithoutpics:

We just bought a house with two garages and the bikes have gone from this:

DSCN0717.JPG

to:

IMG-20120330-00676.jpg

IMG-20120409-00688x.jpg

IMG-20120409-00689x.jpg

It's got a propane unit heater, hot/cold water (but strangely no sink). I've got an old work laptop for internet access and music, and I just added an authentic 70's era bar from a friend who was cleaning out his garage.

The second garage is for the car:

IMG-20111107-00332.jpg

The rest of the property ain't too shabby either. It's on 1 acre with Kootenay Lake and the Purcell Mountains in the background.

IMG-20120512-00819%2520Stitch.jpg

hmmm, looks like I found out where I am going be a squatter for the summer :)

• Member Contributer

hmmm, looks like I found out where I am going be a squatter for the summer :)

Ha. Given the recent weather I hope we get a summer because spring has been mostly rain. We've been getting that all-day rain that I thought I had left behind in Vancouver.

Still in the finishing stages, power to be run in a few weeks. Its 18x36 with a full rated floor upstairs. No heat yet except a propane torpedo, that works well but is loud

That looks awesome. Watch out for that first step when you exit the second floor party room. :laugh:

My garage is jam packed with old kitchen cabinets that need to be repurposed for use in the garage.

But first all the crap that's packed away in there needs to be moved out for reorganizing.

Before that details in the kitchen and bath need to be finished.

In this department, I am slow. :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

IMG_0231.jpg

And this is the grand plan

garagemodel.jpg

Very well organized, nice looking cafes too. Like the mobile bike platforms. I think I could live in that space. :laugh:

• Member Contributer

IMG_0231.jpg

Two questions:

1. Do you have plans for your motorcycle benches?

2. How do you get your bikes up on them?

• Member Contributer

Need to update my garage pics... :tongue:

Here's what a Hong Kong garage looks like (believe it or not, most Hong Kongers will not have seen one, much less had one!). The wall of boxes starts a bike-length away from the roll-up door...

post-362-0-91847900-1339239404.jpg

It took me months to get everything more or less in place (and rid of the packing materials), but it's starting to look like a proper workshop, now. I'm thinking a SIEG CNC mill would round things off quite nicely--I'll make it fit. (Yes, three of the bikes are missing--they're off somewhere getting HK road-registered, in theory. Still a couple of months to go for that, I'm told...and the Aprilia is a couple of weeks away.)

post-362-0-55898400-1339239670.jpg

post-362-0-63752400-1339239690.jpg

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Hey JZH - dont you have the yellow 5th gen back in CA with the toro kit? Anything happening there? Just curious...

I don't have plans, but I did make instructions, and it's pretty darn simple. I have an aluminum folding ramp that I use to run them up there, it's easy enough because the bikes will stand on their own when you get them to the wheel chock and I like light bikes. If I was going to try it with something like a Goldwing I'd have to have a few friends over.

It's all here in my blog:

Blogheadder2%2Bcopy.jpg

Might be a couple of pages deep now. Although eventually I'll be making yet another post on there about them because I plan on converting them into bike stand tool boxes instead of being fully open underneath. That way they can tuck under my cabinets (as in the rendering) and still be fully functional even when there's not a project bike on them.

A shared garage in an apartment complex is not ideal, but you'd be surprised what all you can do with limited space. However, the biggest limitation is that I cannot leave anything out overnight, or the HOA gets pissy.

DSC02253.jpg

• Member Contributer

I don't have plans, but I did make instructions, and it's pretty darn simple. I have an aluminum folding ramp that I use to run them up there, it's easy enough because the bikes will stand on their own when you get them to the wheel chock and I like light bikes. If I was going to try it with something like a Goldwing I'd have to have a few friends over.

It's all here in my blog:

Might be a couple of pages deep now. Although eventually I'll be making yet another post on there about them because I plan on converting them into bike stand tool boxes instead of being fully open underneath. That way they can tuck under my cabinets (as in the rendering) and still be fully functional even when there's not a project bike on them.

Found them, thanks. Simple and elegant, but probably still beyond my capabilities. Luckily I know a lot of carpenters in the area so maybe I can get someone to lend me a hand.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From when I picked up the VFR.

100_5220.JPG

Not sure how, but I'm pretty sure it is both more tidy AND more messy... Still have my welding stuff out on my table, and another table piled high with... valuable garage stuff. :tongue:

::EDIT::

This is what my garage has seen several times, and hopefully will see again soon, as I tear into the Duc's valves yet again...

100_5121.JPG

Archived