How does your workshop look like?

VietHorse

gallery_10931_3672_1777904.jpg

DSC_0114.JPG

Your workshop is super cool!!!

It could look more impressive If you have some more things add up on your wall, with the same color tone of the bike and make it more busy...

Ah, what do u think if we replace the 2007 Civic to this one:

Orange_Range_Rover.jpg

:beer: :beer: :beer:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That has got to be the most BIZARRE waste of space I've ever seen.

Ciao,

+1

Not only does the stuff on the left side appear to be poorly organized, but the unexplainably high ceilings only seems to be used to hang a few model airplanes?

My 12 x 18' tool shed is crowded (w/three motorcycles inside) and is admittedly in a somewhat "disorganized" state right now...but at least there is relatively little wasted space.

Now if could just remember where I put the mini-fridge w/the cold beer! :blush:

• Member Contributer

gallery_10931_3672_51186.jpg

164112_478832370425_523615425_6448191_4881614_n.jpg

gallery_10931_3672_1777904.jpg

DSC_0114.JPG

Just curious, what are the 4 things on the top of the cabinets in the right corner. They are up there in one picture, but not the second. :blush:

They are 4 travel suitcases....

• Member Contributer

Holy crap you guys have awesome garages, especially the one with pre determined checkered space!!! Insane! :fing02:

Here is my current workspace:

post-22861-0-00107500-1314227467_thumb.p

• Member Contributer

Real men only work on their bike on the side of the road (I only say this because I have squat)

You bought a Harley?????

:laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

I wish this was mine :cool:

Ciao,

+1

Not only does the stuff on the left side appear to be poorly organized, but the unexplainably high ceilings only seems to be used to hang a few model airplanes?

My 12 x 18' tool shed is crowded (w/three motorcycles inside) and is admittedly in a somewhat "disorganized" state right now...but at least there is relatively little wasted space.

You guys kill me...really now IF YOU had this place Im sure it may be different but come on....

Real men only work on their bike on the side of the road (I only say this because I have squat)

You bought a Harley?????

:laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe:

nope, just no garage.

My garage is an utter mess and will be even worse if I have to put Alex's Gs700 back into storage.

Paging Timmy, Paging Timmy. Check your PM's Timmy

Holy crap you guys have awesome garages, especially the one with pre determined checkered space!!! Insane! :fing02:

Yours is very much better than what I have... :wacko::wheel:

• Member Contributer

Yours is very much better than what I have... :wacko::wheel:

wow, never thought somebody would be jealous about the fact that I work on my bikes in the street in front of my apartment hehehe :biggrin: Doing the valve adjustment on the V65 a few months back was a pain in the ass because I had to wait until there was no wind so the dirt in the street would not blow inside the motor!!

Can't wait to have a garage...

It was a real mess today since we were moving things around and cleaning. I had to take a picture though since I was 25 feet up on the sky lift hanging the new High Output florescent high bay lights. I replaced all the 400w Metal Halide lamp units with 6 bulb T5HO lights. This is about 1/4 to 1/3 of the shop.

Hey, what is your workshop use for? For producing products? Not to service the cars or bikes? It looks so busy and not seeing any vehicles...

It is used for everything. It is a production machine shop and my office/lab are just to the right back hand corner just out of that picture. I have my CB450 on a table in the back corner you can not see in that picture. I have my CB350 across the road in our other building and I work on the cars there now as well. I gave up trying to keep two sets of tools and two work spaces outfitted and organized so I just do all the mechanical stuff in one of the shops at work. I leave the garage at home for parking cars and brewing beer. Half the guys at work ride and the other half want to but their wives won't let them. There are usually three or four bikes parked in the back corner every day.

• Member Contributer

I wish this was mine :cool:

Ciao,

+1

You guys kill me...really now IF YOU had this place Im sure it may be different but come on....

True, there might have been just a tinge of envy... :biggrin:

gallery_362_402_155468.jpg

Garage1-20110825 NC35, NC30, NC29 & RS250 in one half...

gallery_362_402_118880.jpg

Garage2-20110825 ...and RC36 on lift in the other half.

So you can imagine what I would have done with the amount of space this guy has devoted to a couple of boats and a commuter cage... :mellow:

Ciao,

Any person who would choose to design their home to have a "look at me" feature like that must have a lot more money than common sense.

Consider this:

1) If the house is heated or cooled, every time the door opens almost all of the air inside will escape. I wonder how long it could take (and how much energy would be required) for the hvac system to raise or lower the temperature inside by 20-50 degrees?

2) Lifting an entire side of a house like that involves manipulating a hell of a lot of weight. So when something breaks, binds, becomes misaligned etc. wanna guess how long it could take and much it will cost to fix? Wanna guess what's likely to happen the first time that door has to open on a stormy/windy day?

3) What will the owner do if the power is lost? It's not like he's going to be able to lift the door w/his bare hands!

Oh yeah-a design like that makes a LOT of sense. But it does look cool though.

• Member Contributer

Messy!!! YEP, but I love her!!!post-21781-0-26293200-1314297473_thumb.j

• Member Contributer

Any person who would choose to design their home to have a "look at me" feature like that must have a lot more money than common sense.

Ding ding ding...we have a winner.

That was the reason I posted it, not so much to analyze but to laugh at yet one more way to toss money away. Gotta love it :biggrin:

LOL...see my avatar :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Ding ding ding...we have a winner.

That was the reason I posted it, not so much to analyze but to laugh at yet one more way to toss money away. Gotta love it :biggrin:

LOL...see my avatar :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe:

Yeah, like Anyone that can afford to build something like that is worried about wasted space, efficiency, electric bills, etc. ........that kinda' "Affordable Extravagance" means You can march to Your own drum every day and give the rest of the World "The Finger"......why do these Threads get so "stupidly serious" sometimes anyway....Lighten up Folks, have some FUN online...WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT..... :laughing6-hehe:

Why don't we drive the Rail down and get a Beer Cruz..... :cool::beer:

• Member Contributer

post-1632-0-68531700-1314369505_thumb.jp

Well, that's 1/2 of the 'workshop'. The other half is in the basement and that's for woodworking, not wrenching. Table saw, wood lathe, band saw, home repair stuff.

post-1632-0-61994100-1314369823_thumb.jp

Garage seen above is pretty darn full now with the dirt bike (kids), electric 4 wheeler (kids), bicycles (me & kids), beer fridge.

Girl friend says, "hmph! Looks like a BOY lives here"

The XS650 (GF's dad's bike) is now sold and replaced ... with another yamaha :( (At least this one has gear driven cams, partially)

• Member Contributer

gallery_8073_2451_1830751.jpg

P5220050 My Messy workspace

Maybe one of these days I will have a fancy Beer Fridge...Till then the old standard ICE CHEST works :beer::laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

gallery_362_402_155468.jpg

Garage1-20110825 NC35, NC30, NC29 & RS250 in one half...

I am wondering how can you move your inner bikes out...!!? One by one from outside?

LOL, me too!

The fridge is dead and is supposed to go; the filing cabinets are supposed to move to where the fridge is; and the storage boxes are supposed to be on a heavy duty shelf I have yet to build... Fortunately, two of my bikes live outside!

Ciao,

• 4 months later...

Archived