Clear Clutch Window

Veefer800Canuck

Mkay.....so yeah, I gotta get this clear window mod done.....I don't wanna, I GOTTA...lol.

So who do I need to see?

I'm the dude... shoot me a PM. And don't pay any attention to the squirrelman, he's a bit frazzled from searching for his nuts.

• Like 6

• Member Contributer

I'm the dude...

...and The Dude abides.

post-31913-0-80849900-1459302587.jpg

Seb,

I couldn't help but notice the post counter under your avatar:

post-31913-0-65134900-1459303614.jpg

...so I've been meaning to ask:

1. Is that a real post count for you, or was there some weird server restore back in the day that resulted in a large archive of posts being assigned to you?

2. If genuine, how does one accumulate more than 23,000 posts?

I think of myself as an active member of the board, but at my current post rate of approximately one post per week it would take me [...does some math...] 450 years to rack up that many posts. I don't think I'm going to get there. Or, if I resolved to achieve that milestone sooner, it would take better than six posts every single day for ten straight years without interruption.

Is there a story there?

• Like 1

I'm the dude...

...and The Dude abides.

the_dude.jpg

Seb,

I couldn't help but notice the post counter under your avatar:

sebspeed.jpg

...so I've been meaning to ask:

1. Is that a real post count for you, or was there some weird server restore back in the day that resulted in a large archive of posts being assigned to you?

2. If genuine, how does one accumulate more than 23,000 posts?

I think of myself as an active member of the board, but at my current post rate of approximately one post per week it would take me [...does some math...] 450 years to rack up that many posts. I don't think I'm going to get there. Or, if I resolved to achieve that milestone sooner, it would take better than six posts every single day for ten straight years without interruption.

Is there a story there?

It's real... let's just say there was a time when I was less distracted by tools and machinery... and a wife... and family... lol Being around the site for 10+ years helps too.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no diy on this one? I need to weld something on my bike!

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

Sorry, I don't sell individual parts. More than happy to modify a cover for you though! International shipping is no problem!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

You can buy a VFR clutch cover, or ship yours (but you will have downtime) if he doesn't have one in stock.  Regardless you have to ultimately provide the cover.  He made one for me and shipped today and I'll swap mine (2000) and ship mine back to him shortly after it gets here.

Matt

7 hours ago, SportTouring said:

What bike is the clear cover donated from? The links are old and broken, but I want to make this happen

Is it from a Ducati perhaps?

It is all new pieces, machined just for this, nothing from other bikes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I just installed my clutch window on my 2014 VFR , wow, so happy. I was unwilling to take any down time so I spent the $210 to buy a new right side case cover.

I'll probably put it on ebay at some point but I will sell a perfectly good case cover or drop ship it to Seb to save shipping. The cover has maybe 200 miles on it, still perfect, would sell shipped for $150 , also have a pressure plate which you may want to have powder coated at same time for an additional $10 .

vfrclutch.PNG

• Like 2

• Member Contributer
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:55 AM, rhoderage said:

Bam!

20170623_174330.thumb.jpg.e7e984057d2a06d03f8f134f72c627c6.jpg

20170625_194031.thumb.jpg.d07a203bb1887f5a4009a656448fa19a.jpg

20170625_194706.thumb.jpg.e5c74cdb9f9c84c88594b24399f6cb6f.jpg

Thanks to Seb for making these, and David (Switchblade) for sharing when he moved on from the VFR!

please let me know how the white holds up, mine is not liking the heat or oil or both and is yellowing :(

• Member Contributer

its powder, prismatic powder. I find it really picky with heat to much or to long and it turns color in the oven, didn't find that out until I was done with the pressure plate, live and learn will redo this winter

• Member Contributer

Glad you asked... i cleaned and spraypainted mine with high temp bbq paint, i guess i should have looked for chemical resistant or something

I havent ridden since the paint peeled a bit into my oil, going to pull the plate and have it powdercoated - but now I'm curious if you think white pc can work?

Think i should flush the oil for that bit of paint in it?

Sigh...

20170626_180453.thumb.jpg.7d48d8760390fd6bf84779a4051909f8.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I'm looking to do mine in white as well.  Hmm, maybe I have to rethink this.  I'm thinking of polishing the powdercoating after I'm finished to give a smooth finish, hoping that helps with oil penetration.  I can always re-do quickly, but don't want to have to re-do every year because of yellowing.  I'm curious if it's just the brand of powdercoating you used?