Clear Clutch Window

Veefer800Canuck

Please pm me pricing for a 6th gen. I'm sure I can find a spare cover from eBay. My stock one is scratched on the part that would be removed to fit the window.

Please have a look at this thread here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/79536-clutch-window-promo-special-vfrd-only/

I can use your damaged cover to perform the mod, no need to get another unless you want to.

PS, thank you Dutchy... I got some washers from Pro-Bolt. I bought Red and blue. I also bought some bulk stainless countersunk bolts, I will offer these to my cover customers.

20141127_120400_zps3gr6odxk.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Please pm me pricing for a 6th gen. I'm sure I can find a spare cover from eBay. My stock one is scratched on the part that would be removed to fit the window.

Please have a look at this thread here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/79536-clutch-window-promo-special-vfrd-only/

I can use your damaged cover to perform the mod, no need to get another unless you want to.

PS, thank you Dutchy... I got some washers from Pro-Bolt. I bought Red and blue. I also bought some bulk stainless countersunk bolts, I will offer these to my cover customers.

20141127_120400_zps3gr6odxk.jpg

I want a set of bolts and washers for mine Seb.

Red .....

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Are there any issues with galvanic corrosion mixing all the different metals? SS, aluminum, steel springs... Is there any problem using Ti for the counter-sunk bolts?

No idea about the corrosion. Never really thought about it.

Being bathed in oil, I would not have suspected corrosion.

For galvanic corrosion to occur, one needs an electrical current.

I would assume that all the parts in the clutch have the same electrical potential, but I don't know.

• Member Contributer

The centifugal forces will spin it of... :-)

Just keep WOT and you will be fine son....

• Member Contributer

No idea about the corrosion. Never really thought about it.

Being bathed in oil, I would not have suspected corrosion.

For galvanic corrosion to occur, one needs an electrical current.

I would assume that all the parts in the clutch have the same electrical potential, but I don't know.

From my understanding, which is limited, galvanic corrosion can occur when depending on the different metals properties they create an electrical potential between them when in the presence of moisture and the current passes between the different metals slowly over time with one of the metals becoming oxidized as it gains electrons

• Member Contributer

Well, from the factory, the clutch basket is aluminum and the springs and bolts are steel, so......

That was my thought too... but titanium or stainless is different than spring steel and I don't if the electrical potential is greater or less and if adding the third type of metal to the mix makes it worse/better/no effect???

I looked at a stainless counter-sunk washer from Pro-Bolt to eliminate the extra washer under the aluminum one but they were significantly heavier... spinning at 11k rpms I didn't know if I was comfortable with that route. That was what made me think about Ti and then I really didn't know if that would play nice with the aluminum...

I was hoping one of our brainiacs would know the answer.

• 6 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I see Thurn is doing these as well. (ebay 301793639300 as example).

He notes that he can do the 2014+ VFR`s... someone please send one to Seb, I`d love to see that on the 8-gen!!

• 2 weeks later...

I spam the hell out of the 6th gen forum with these pics. But I'll leave these here for anyone passing through.

If you're on the fence about the Sebspeed clear clutch cover, let me gently nudge you over the edge. Get it.

f142b16ad37e27f3bd81c05663729e13.jpg

3ef979ac5e18dbecff706d82dac1de16.jpg

fcfd9f6932d1131547a22cb3ac9725e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

I spam the hell out of the 6th gen forum with these pics. But I'll leave these here for anyone passing through.

Maybe so, however, got to admit the new paint scheme turned out very, very nice so that makes it easy to look at.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...