Clutch And Grab

Veefer800Canuck

• 1 year later...

Dupli-colour Metalcast paint. Gives the appearance of anodizing. Available in several colours.

And yes, it is holding up perfectly. Not a single flake, drip, run or other imperfection.

15,000 kilometers on the bike since this mod.

• 3 months later...

great write up. love the clear case... any chance of making one for a 4th gen? :491:

My 95 viffer with 20k just started giving me clutch issues. the clutch only engages when I pull it all the way back. I use to just pull with two fingers but now I have to grab with all 4 and pull it all the way back to shift. It's also bit hard to go from neutral to 1st even with it pulled all the way back. just doesn't engage. I had the fluid flushed but still the same, albeit it did make it a ssslightly better.

I was going to order a EBC SRK rebuild kit and give it a go, but would LOVE to get some opinions before I make the investment.

thanks guys!

• Member Contributer

What's the consensus on average clutch life? Im in excess of 74,000 miles and never removed the cover...

(I was wondering this back at about 50,000 but never got around to doing anything)

The '01 that ate the deer had 105xxx mi when totaled; the clutch was working fine and had never seen the light of day.

• 6 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Just swapped the wife's clutch @ 75k; the friction plates were crumbling a bit to the touch, so I would imagine it needed doing at 65k or so. Maybe it was ridden hard, but it's 110% better after the swap. This guide really helped ease me through the job (thanks!)

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...