The Gentleman's VFR

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

Priced at $14990 Oz Dollars here in Queensland Australia - I doubt that includes hard bags.

I'm still yet to see one on the road!

• Member Contributer

one can buy a used 4th gen for the price of those bags.....

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

It makes sense for manufacturers to keep tweaking and using the engines in other platforms, à la Suzuki with the TL-SV-VStrom, or the 20 years of Suzuki Bandits. I am guessing that with the flop of the VFR 1200 (I like mine, but North America seems not to, lol), we may see the engine in other frames. I would like to see the big V4 in a Super Tenere/ GS frame with the fueling and first and second gears sorted.

• 7 months later...

The more upright riding position of naked bikes is pretty damn comfortable especially as speed limits get harder to ignore and they are not necessarily slower in the bendy bits, race tracks apart. I imagine this also appeals to the older riders who have the cash for new bikes. Jet ski styling? I reckon it looks good - on jetskis. Possibly. I also note the Dutch are surely in a league of their own at bricklaying.

• Member Contributer

I like all about the adventure bikes, except the looks. Sheesh. Still trying to adjust to them. Totally get the rationale though. However, if I had that in the garage I'd have to beat it with an ugly stick.

I was afraid to open this thread today, fearing that Dutchy might have traded in the presently sick "Red Slut" for this bike!....

Remember, it's NACA Forever, Dutchy,....NACA Forever!! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I was afraid to open this thread today, fearing that Dutchy might have traded in the presently sick "Red Slut" for this bike!....

Remember, it's NACA Forever, Dutchy,....NACA Forever!! :fing02:

Hahaha!!! Lol

• Member Contributer

No worries!!

Once you ride the best,

fark the rest!!! :goofy:

post-8974-0-89715900-1394097612.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Nice!!!! Would be looking forward to the ride report.

C

whoops....bike not offered this year at my spot. Prolly going with the MT08, the Yamaha triple.

Archived