The Gentleman's VFR

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

1b0a9958.jpg

Had the Xrunner (RC60) for 1.5 hours today and think the name I gave it suits it perfectly.

Gentlemen never break the law, so limitting it to 200kmh (where the engine is capable of 260kmh) is a sensible choice

and at speeds over 120kmh (the max on motorways according to the law) wind pressure becomes a bit annoying anyway....

Gentlemen keep their back straight, and this is how you sit on the Xrunner

Gentlemen donot make a fuss, whilst the bike is of the mark quick enough, it never rips your arms when you opens the throttle from say 70kmh

So a very well behaving motorcycle (brakes are great), for me it would needs some more atitude. But YMMV and that is ok too!

The VTEC transition is verrrrry smooth.

Stepping back on my 4th gen, I felt more at home, more compact, more "bike" feeling...

Let me pull out my gun and kill that speed camera.... biggrin.gif

d1c00f1d.jpg

Flatfooting not a problem

93a7e6a8.jpg

Had to find a windmill for VFRD of course :laughing6-hehe:

d0b77dd3.jpg

And some more Dutch scenery

3248dcba.jpg

b2234fbc.jpg

47b574c0.jpg

and 2 pictures, one for Skuuter and one for Mitzie

48bc5bf4.jpg

d7adb51d.jpg

I didnot like the fact that the fan came on regularly, where my 4th gen runs a lot cooler. Probably a sign of the times....

Thanks to Arie Molenaar for the test ride :fing02:

I like the looks of the bike. but I think a high bike like that, needs a high pipe(s) too. If only they did not cheap out on the front suspension, then it would look a bit more classy too. The right side up forks just looks too budget on a brand new bike that's supposed to be higher that entry level.

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

I thought the VFR was the Gentleman's VFR.

+1. :biggrin:

And I didn't know french fries were classified as Greek food, but good grief that looks good. Hungry now.

Thanks for the pics.

I Like the look, kind of naked VFR, with a sit up and beg riding position. :491:

I forget how much it weighs, and they need to derestrict the power. Not the other thing.

They should make it to compete with such eye watering candy as the new Tuono V4. :beer:

• Member Contributer

The ride is plush, but never wobbly (XT500 at speed anyone? )

My 4th gen feels more "planted", I suppose the higher seat (15cm more than a VFR800) and the higher bar (see widnmill pic above) cause that

It coped very well with the 240kg own weight and a 95kg rider on board :fing02:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

My 4th gen feels more "planted", I suppose the higher seat (15cm more than a VFR800) and the higher bar (see widnmill pic above) cause that

Hey Dutchy, nothing like reinforcing those Dutch stereotypes, huh? And where is the mayonaise next to the French fries?

Anyways, I took a test bike out a couple of weeks ago and was happy enough with the bike. I thought the ride was a bit hard, which may have been down to adjustment, but I weigh 105 kilos....

Engine is great, with no step but a slight throttle off/on transition. Brakes are good, riding position good but beware the pegs are quite high. Lovely roar as from the airbox as the Vtec cuts in.

You wouldn't necessarily swap your VFR800 for it unless you really wanted better ergonomics/more upright riding position.

On the other hand, I have a VFR1200 DCT so I'm not about to exchange it for a X-runner...

They look strangely small up close. I saw one when I picked up my rental bike in Limburg. The salesman told me there is a lot of interest in this model, espescially from potential BMW GS types who want a lighter, less expensive option. I think it will do well in Europe judging by how many VStroms I saw on the road.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I still really like 'em - def gunna take a test ride soon - having fantasies about selling both my bikes and buying a new Crossrunner - God help me! :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...

Wow...I guess tact isn't your middle name... :sad:

I liked the deep rumble, although there is a high puffing aspect that is less appealing. Maybe I should have qualified the sound bite, 'this may sound horrible on ear buds.... :dry:

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hey Dutchy, nothing like reinforcing those Dutch stereotypes, huh? And where is the mayonaise next to the French fries?

Anyways, I took a test bike out a couple of weeks ago and was happy enough with the bike. I thought the ride was a bit hard, which may have been down to adjustment, but I weigh 105 kilos....

Engine is great, with no step but a slight throttle off/on transition. Brakes are good, riding position good but beware the pegs are quite high. Lovely roar as from the airbox as the Vtec cuts in.

You wouldn't necessarily swap your VFR800 for it unless you really wanted better ergonomics/more upright riding position.

On the other hand, I have a VFR1200 DCT so I'm not about to exchange it for a X-runner...

Ok, now I'm wondering: is this bike VTEC?!? Does not say on Honda's page, not obviously anyway. What about the VF1200?!? VTEC too or not??? Just wondering.

C

• 3 weeks later...

I had hope to throw a leg on one this season, but local dealer never got on, and the rideing season is coming short, so maybe next summer.......

• Member Contributer

It is not designed to go offroad.

They took a jet ski as overall style idea, mixing it with the imagery of RoadRunner (meep meep). Had there been no copyright on the RoadRunner name, chances are Honda would have taken it.... :tongue:

• Member Contributer

it is kinda homely lookin, but that bike with 1000-1200cc's and hardbags from the vfr800 would equal me probably buying that bike.

18748.jpg

What's up with the 1200, still in concept or does it have a release date?

• Member Contributer

THANKS for the Road Test Dutchy..... :tour: ...and the Food/SHELL Station Pics..... :laugh: ......Question: Total Seat Height in inches...just curious, THANKS... :smile:

I really think I will buy one if they come to the USA. It is more prefect for what I need it for than anything else I can think of. (considering I will never give up my 5th gen).

The main thing I came away with after sitting on one in the Netherland last summer was that it is much smaller than it seems. Up close it appears smaller than a 6th gen.

• Member Contributer

According to our good friends at "MCN" the Crosstourer will be a 2012 model...

http://www.motorcycl...-as-2012-model/

And so does Motorcycle Daily...

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2011/10/honda-confirms-v4-shaft-drive-crosstourer-going-into-production/

Archived