My dash

v4pilot

• Member Contributer

Brushed aluminum faces backlit with blue leds and an acumen DG-8 Gear indicator shoe horned where the neutral light goes.

what do ya think?

I like it a lot, especially the integrated gear indicator, that's so neat!. How'd you manage that? I want to get a gear indicator myself but I don't like how they have to be attached on top of the cockpit and this really is a neat solution.

I like it a lot, especially the integrated gear indicator, that's so neat!. How'd you manage that? I want to get a gear indicator myself but I don't like how they have to be attached on top of the cockpit and this really is a neat solution.

:+1: Integrated looks great. I wouldn't want the indicator tacked on somewhere like it normally is, but the integrated looks great.

Curious where you got the aluminum gauges. I have the blue LED backlighting on my 5th gen but the stock gauges.

Thanks,

Primo

I don't know where he got his, but I know that member Throttlepimp does fantastic work and could easily make these. Send him a pm! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Curious where you got the aluminum gauges. I have the blue LED backlighting on my 5th gen but the stock gauges.

Thanks,

Primo

I don't know where he got his, but I know that member Throttlepimp does fantastic work and could easily make these. Send him a pm! :fing02:

+1000. Throttlepimp does a fantastic job for a very good price.

Brushed aluminum faces backlit with blue leds and an acumen DG-8 Gear indicator shoe horned where the neutral light goes.

what do ya think?

That is just uber sexy right there!!!! :+1: for the night time pic too!!

what do ya think?

Looks good ! Great job ! :fing02:

Hi Guys, Sorry for the delay I had to go on a road trip right after I posted this; thanks for all of your comments

Yep got the gauges from throttlepimp they look awsome very good price and fast delivery. The indicator was just

some careful dremeling and fileing; a little tricky to program though I had to have the dash apart while running the bike

on the center stand. It looks great at night but I have not been able to get a clear shot with my camera it wants to use the flash

and that messes the shot up and if I turn the flash off its blurry. I just used my phone for the picture in this post.

If anyone has any other questions about this install feel free to pm me.

• Member Contributer

great job....like to see some more closeups. Just ordered my GIPro-X so should get that soon. Like to have some installation pics and wiring.

thanks

• 1 month later...

Nice work,

I do like the gear indicator as it might keep me from hunting for that 7th gear on long slab rides.

But that's just another farkle that will go on the never ending list.

• 3 months later...

Very nice work.

Does anyone what happened to Throttlepimp?

No activity since August and the web link on his profile does not work.

I would like to order some of those face plates. :tour:

• Member Contributer

Very nice work.

Does anyone what happened to Throttlepimp?

No activity since August and the web link on his profile does not work.

I would like to order some of those face plates. :tour:

I'd like to know if anyone has any info on this as well. A dash upgrade was going to be one of my winter projects this year.

-Jake