Installing 2006+ ECU and motor on 2002-2005 6th-gen

kaldek

Where there more physical sensors added to the engine on the '06+? If not, then I don't see why you couldn't just straight up use a '06+ harness and ecu and been done.

There are no additional sensors. Essentially what you're suggesting is what I'm doing, except that I have Aussie headlight switch and indicator hardware which needs some tweaks to the front harness.

Believe me if I could just plug an '06 main harness into an '02 front harness I'd freakin' do it, but the other member (CBR600F4i) who has already done this mod said that's not possible.

Just for posterity's sake (and because I'm looking for some info on here regarding Euro - US CDI compatability, for a buddy), I plugged my '03 front harness directly into an '07 harness with no compatability worries whatsoever (although the '03 front harness DOES have the crappy yellow connector... but they are compatable)... just sayin' in case anyone ever has to consider doing it.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic